Why does motion exist in this universe?

seriously disabled

In my opinion motion is just another word for change and we experience change around us almost all the time.

The Buddha said that the universe is in a constant state of flux, therefore everything is impermanent.

http://www.urbandharma.org/udharma8/imperm.html

But why does motion (or change) exist in this universe in the first place?

Because forces like pushing or pulling can overcome friction.

Split Infinity, I have no idea what you are talking about.

It is difficult to explain.

In effect I am saying that I believe that an object that is FALLING...is not in a conventional state of MOTION.

I think that a conventional Force...such as EM or Kinetic...is necessary to Force an object into motion.

An object that is Effected by Gravity is not moving in a conventional sense but rather is EXISTING at infinite points of position along it's line of Fall dependent and observable by the passage of linear time.

Split Infinity

It is difficult to explain.

In effect I am saying that I believe that an object that is FALLING...is not in a conventional state of MOTION.

I think that a conventional Force...such as EM or Kinetic...is necessary to Force an object into motion.

An object that is Effected by Gravity is not moving in a conventional sense but rather is EXISTING at infinite points of position along it's line of Fall dependent and observable by the passage of linear time.

Split Infinity

Yes, something like that.

And if you think that an object at rest is effected by its own gravity, what does that tell you?

To me it tells that an object at rest is existing at infinite points of space observable by the passage of time.

IOW that Gravity and Time are 2 faces of the same phenomena. More simply that they are the one and same thing.

IMHO of course.

IOW that Gravity and Time are 2 faces of the same phenomena. More simply that they are the one and same thing.

IMHO of course.

The two are related as general relativity tells us.

Yes, something like that.

And if you think that an object at rest is effected by its own gravity, what does that tell you?

To me it tells that an object at rest is existing at infinite points of space observable by the passage of time.

IMHO of course.

Since Gravity is an expression of One Dimensionality or Singularity within our Multidimensional Space/Time...and that every single dimensional state that exists and comprises our Universal Space/Time reality is connective and governed to an extent with each and every other existing Space/Time Dimensional State...

....the OBJECT AT REST is generating it's own Gravity Well and also being at a STATE OF RELATIVE REST....as NOTHING in our Universe is STATIC...it is also effected by Gravity being generated by our Planet and all other existing celestial bodies and dark matter in our Universe.

Split Infinity

Since Gravity is an expression of One Dimensionality or Singularity within our Multidimensional Space/Time...and that every single dimensional state that exists and comprises our Universal Space/Time reality is connective and governed to an extent with each and every other existing Space/Time Dimensional State...

....the OBJECT AT REST is generating it's own Gravity Well and also being at a STATE OF RELATIVE REST....as NOTHING in our Universe is STATIC...it is also effected by Gravity being generated by our Planet and all other existing celestial bodies and dark matter in our Universe.

Split Infinity

That has (almost) nothing to do with what I meant, except the "gravity well" part.

Imagine the whole Universe as a single object. This single object is effected by its own gravity. A "gravity well" as you said.

Edited by michel123456

That has (almost) nothing to do with what I meant, except the "gravity well" part.

Imagine the whole Universe as a single object. This single object is effected by its own gravity. A "gravity well" as you said.

So...what exactly is your point?

Split Infinity