Dual nature of matter

Do you mean the wave-particle duality of matter? I've long thought that duality a problem of human invention rather than being real. The behaviour of entities like electrons or photons is described by the equations of quantum mechanics. The outcome of particular experiments is provided by those equations. That's all we can know about them.

Yes, the unreasonable effectiveness of mathematics in the natural sciences as Eugene WIgner described it. But I was really thinking of the ineffectiveness of the fairy stories we construct to visualise physical systems we can't in fact see. Electrons in orbit of nuclei, that sort of thing. These constructs are ultimately unhelpful I think. We cannot really know what such inaccessible systems are like apart from how they behave in certain situations - the results of experiments or observations in other words.

Edited by Griffon

We see this wave/particle nature in particles that have no internal structure, like an electron. As far as we can tell, there can be no internal change, because there is nothing internally to change.

i may be wrong if i say that how non existent dual nature shows diffraction because diffraction can not be explained without wave narure even macroscopic particles with internal structure produce diffraction

sorry by macroscopic particles i mean big molecule

I recommend Richard Feynman's very readable book QED The Strange Theory of Light and Matter in which he explains how quantum electrodynamics accounts for all optical phenomena including diffraction, without resorting to a wave explanation.

matter exhibits dual nature while in motion Is there internal change in matter while in motion:? is there any mechanism for it?i think there mus be some explanation

Yes, the unreasonable effectiveness of mathematics in the natural sciences as Eugene WIgner described it. But I was really thinking of the ineffectiveness of the fairy stories we construct to visualise physical systems we can't in fact see. Electrons in orbit of nuclei, that sort of thing. These constructs are ultimately unhelpful I think. We cannot really know what such inaccessible systems are like apart from how they behave in certain situations - the results of experiments or observations in other words.

i think we can know how these systems behave if we start looking at them from a different perspective.

• 2 weeks later...

Quantum mechanics explains and predicts observations properly and with an excellent accuracy.

What would you call "the nature of reality" ? How would you prove that this so-called nature is a better choice for us than QM? Are there observations, experiments, measures that allow us to tell that "the nature of reality" is better than QM?