Sleep Paralysis

I have had 24 experiences with sleep paralysis, and my last one was last night. The first few times it was frightening, then I slightly controled it and manged to go in and out of dreams by my own will, then I had out of body experiences or so I believed, then I learned how to become conscious if I wanted to while dreaming which completely amazed me, and now, last night I truly believe I reached the final point of control. While having sleep paralysis I gained consciousness and had an out of body experience, I made the attempt of moving without "returning to my body" and I saw my hand twitch, then with much effort I got up, took white out and placed it in the kitchen while still supposedly outside my body. This morning I went to the kitchen and amazingly the white-out was there.

I do not believe that out of body experiences are real or that I have been in a different location other then my body but I do believe that I truly believed I was. I was not conscious while I put the white out in the kitchen or day dreaming, but I believe that through this sleeping disorder I have controlled my sleep paterns to the greatest extent imaginable. Oddly...I still am slightly insomniac.

By the way, no I will not take pills to treat this...it's just way too fun :D

I used to have similar experiences when I was younger, but I was sleep walking. The thing is, I'd be semi-conscious, but still semi-dreaming. I would often see myself walking in third person and doing things in the third person. I was really walking, it wasn't just a dream. When I was sleep walking, everything I was doing made perfect sense (brushing my teeth with a comb was once instance). Sometimes I would wake up in the middle of it all and it would no longer make sense why I was in the kitchen brushing my teeth with a comb. Oddly, I remembered getting out of bed, grabbing the comb, and brushing my teeth with it, but I couldn't remember "why" i was doing it.

Being on the border between conscious and unconscious is quite interesting, though I prefer peaceful sleep. ;)

Actyually the sleep paralysis occurs durring what is called "low wave sleep" it is a part of sleep just prior to or just after rem sleep when you deram. It is NORMAL. BUT..you are ot supposed to wake durring it. Sleep waling and people running about while alseep is the result of NOT having paralysis and dreaming of being attacked or chased.

Try a sleep agen, over the counter. Maybe Dipenhydrimine or similar.

Bill

Oddly, I was in a neerly fully conscious state when I was sleep walking, and could control my actions. but didn't want to return to my body.

I had none of my senses, besides the sight of my body...which was most likely a holographic response.

I still wonder though how I can make the conscious decision to become conscious when I am unconscious...confusing.