faith or not

agachak

according to teaching of cristiany jesus died in cross to save us from sin?

has any body thought he might not liked it much or done it at freewil

al knows he prayed from his father to hellp him just before judas the betrayal sold jesus to hiss eneymys so basicly why hell do we worship cross as memory that he died because us and not because ANTICRIST judas, and dont that we belive that jesus died at cross because us aint it smallll mistake

sory for mispellings

Edited by agachak

The perspective I was taught growing up was that Jesus, as the son of God, could have stopped the crucifixion at any time, thus making the sacrifice more meaningful. God also could have wiggled His nose and made it stop, but giving up His son to save humanity was the whole point, that people could worship the Son and have their sins forgiven instead of trying unsuccessfully to follow all the 600+ Mosaic laws in order to get to heaven.

I was hoping this was going to be a thread on faith, since I've wanted to start one myself. Now it seems like it's going to be more about how everyone interprets the Bible completely differently from everyone else.

according to teaching of cristiany jesus died in cross to save us from sin?

has any body thought he might not liked it much or done it at freewil

Just by having faith on Christ one will not be saved from sins or attain salvation, it is only by knowledge that you can escape from sin not by blindly accepting Jesus Christ as your saviour.

"The one who has knowledge is a free person. But the free person does not sin, for the one who sins is a slave of sin " (Gospel of Philip 77:15-18 cf.. John 8:34).

Sin exists as long as ignorance exists.

As far as your question on whether Jesus did it on his own will there were speculations like that at early Christian times. Gospel of Judas

Gospel of Judas states that Jesus told Judas "You shall be cursed for generations" and then added, "You will come to rule over them" and "You will exceed all of them, for you will sacrifice the man that clothes me."

!

Moderator Note

immortal.

You are preaching - this is not allowed. You no longer seem to be interested in discussion or hearing the opinions of others, merely promulgating your own ideas and beliefs.

Offering argument from the gospels of phillip and judas in a thread that previously had nothing to do with gnosticism is thread hijacking - however much you personally are convinced of the authenticity of these gospels, they do not appear in the vast majority of bibles around the world.

Please stop preaching and enter the debate and stop hijacking threads with esoteric and fringe concepts of christianity.

Do not reply to this modnote in thread (any reply will be moved away) - you can report this post if you feel it is unfair.