Why do some religious people require that the "end is near"?

tar

You are as slippery as an eel swimming in vaseline dude, you failed to address my question completely!ohmy.png

How can you say this are not truly religious people but you provide no evidence of how you can say it. It's the No true Scotsman fallacy, How can you say anyone is not truly religious? How doyou know other than by judging them by the standard of your own fairy tail?

Then you say this

On the whole all scientific evidence is pointing in favour of a hypercosmic God which none of these orthodox religions predicted it or believes in it and hence we can safely ignore the doctrines of these orthodox religions which don't have any truth in them and the evidence is actually in favour of Gnostic cosmogony.

I don't go by fairy tales dude, I go by empirical evidence. BTW, how do you know what my beliefs are?

Can you support that with anything other than assertions by religion?

Yes, I can, all evidence is in favour of a hypercosmic god, if that disturbs people from orthodox religions as well as atheists then its not my problem.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16769-concept-of-hypercosmic-god-wins-templeton-prize.html

The "veiled reality", then, can in no way help Christians or Muslims or Jews or anyone else rationalise their specific beliefs. The Templeton Foundation – despite being headed up by John Templeton Jr, an evangelical Christian – claims to afford no bias to any particular religion, and by awarding their prize to d'Espagnat, I think they've proven that to be true.
It seems the Templeton Foundation is more honest than atheists and people from orthodox religions, at least they are not showing double standards like the way how the latter people ignore evidence and continue to hold on to their false beliefs.

Then you go on to say

Never once have I suggested you said this, you are setting up a strawman instead of answering my original question about your original unsupportable assertion...

Now one more time, how can you assert this?

You simply assumed that I can in no way support my assertions and to prove that now you're going and saying I set up a strawman, the concept of hypercosmic god is there in all the religions of the world and if people ignore this and continue to hold on to their false beliefs then yes obviously they are not true religious people. If you happen to think that someone who is from the orthodox religions whom you're arguing with is religious then you're mistaken because you have not yet met with the kernel of truth of religion.

I don't go by fairy tales dude, I go by empirical evidence. BTW, how do you know what my beliefs are?

I didn't say what I thought your beliefs were, I questioned your ability to judge whose beliefs are real or not... You have no empirical evidence of anything, all you have is faith and belief and your own opinion...

Yes, I can, all evidence is in favour of a hypercosmic god, if that disturbs people from orthodox religions as well as atheists then its not my problem.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16769-concept-of-hypercosmic-god-wins-templeton-prize.html

It seems the Templeton Foundation is more honest than atheists and people from orthodox religions, at least they are not showing double standards like the way how the latter people ignore evidence and continue to hold on to their false beliefs.
So you give me another persons opinion on yet another persons beliefs about what certain science theories mean as evidence you are correct?

You simply assumed that I can in no way support my assertions and to prove that now you're going and saying I set up a strawman, the concept of hypercosmic god is there in all the religions of the world and if people ignore this and continue to hold on to their false beliefs then yes obviously they are not true religious people. If you happen to think that someone who is from the orthodox religions whom you're arguing with is religious then you're mistaken because you have not yet met with the kernel of truth of religion.

You cannot support your assertions with anything other than opinions and belief and faith, not to mention more than a bit of arrogance...

BTW, haven't we been at this impasse before?

Edited by Moontanman

I didn't say what I thought your beliefs were, I questioned your ability to judge whose beliefs are real or not...

We can use negative theology and the current empirical evidence to determine which doctrines are feasible for our cosmos and which aren't. In negative theology we don't assert God is this or God is that but instead figure out what God cannot be and in that way one can judge whose beliefs are real and whose are false. Its not a personal opinion or faith or belief.

You have no empirical evidence of anything, all you have is faith and belief and your own opinion...

You cannot support your assertions with anything other than opinions and belief and faith, not to mention more than a bit of arrogance...

That seems to be your fundamental belief.

So you give me another persons opinion on yet another persons beliefs about what certain science theories mean as evidence you are correct?

Nope, I just showed you why the beliefs of orthodox religions cannot be real.

BTW, haven't we been at this impasse before?

Things have changed and the gaps in evidence which was there before to support my view are slowly closing.

Edited by immortal

We can use negative theology and the current empirical evidence to determine which doctrines are feasible for our cosmos and which aren't. In negative theology we don't assert God is this or God is that but instead figure out what God cannot be and in that way one can judge whose beliefs are real and whose are false. Its not a personal opinion or faith or belief.

It's a judgement call, not empirical evidence...

That seems to be your fundamental belief.

It's not a belief, it's the simple cold hard facts, if you disagree then feel free to show some empirical evidence that shows me to be wrong...

Nope, I just showed you why the beliefs of orthodox religions cannot be real.

No you did not, you showed why you believe them to be false...

Things have changed and the gaps in evidence which was there before to support my view are slowly closing.

Again, no, no empirical evidence supports your assertions, you believe it does but so far you have failed to show it does...

BTW you never did tell me if i got the jewels god wears right... confused.gif