Unified Field Theory

Doctor X

Hi guys,

I was discussing physics with a friend of mine on another forum until someone showed up talking about Quantum Theory so I thought I might check with you guys if the information presented is accurate or not (I think it's not, but I'll let you decide).

What he said : "

Quantum physics has shown us that everything, and I mean everything, is connected to everything else. It is called "unified field theory" and is based on the fact that absolutely everything is made of energy. Consequently, even your attitude toward your equipment will have an effect. There are those people who's equipment is always having something go wrong, whilst another who owns the identical components, never has a single hiccup. The one who has problems, is probably dissatisfied with their system and hoping for something better as soon as funds permit while the other person who does not have any hassles, probably loves their equipment.

This fact was proven when wandering about the reliability of Toyota components compared with another manufacturer who's components were made from the same source products but were nowhere near as reliable. After a thorough scientific investigation into the two manufacturers factories, the only thing that stood out was the attitude of the Japanese workers at Toyota, who took absolute pride in their work whilst the other factories workers had the usual attitude of just getting the job done to get paid. Other than that difference, both manufacturers used identical source materials, tools, machinery and procedures. Makes one think about your attitude toward everything in your life...

Is he smoking something or does the above actually have some basis in truth?

Edited by Doctor X

Pretty much nonsense.

Taking pride in your work manifests itself in things like attention to detail; that's the sort of thing that differentiates quality from mediocrity (i.e. direct cause and effect), without having to invoke some bogus interpretation of quantum mechanics.

Can you highlight exactly what is incorrect and why? Is his idea of Unified Field Theory totally rubbish, or his explanation of Quantum physics? I need some ammo as I want to reveal the inaccuracies and see how he tries to wriggle his way out of a corner. :)

Edited by Doctor X

Hi guys,

I was discussing physics with a friend of mine on another forum until someone showed up talking about Quantum Theory so I thought I might check with you guys if the information presented is accurate or not (I think it's not, but I'll let you decide).

What he said : "

Is he smoking something or does the above actually have some basis in truth?

The physics content is almost all wrong.

Can you highlight exactly what is incorrect and why? Is his idea of Unified Field Theory totally rubbish, or his explanation of Quantum physics? I need some ammo as I want to reveal the inaccuracies and see how he tries to wriggle his way out of a corner. smile.gif

Because what he is talking about is not physics. It had started out as physics but swayed very far from it in its conclusions. In physics we quantify and measure identites. Test and/or predict how they interact or would interact with each other, then draw inference that is readily transferalbe and observable by another person using the same measurements of the initial identity.

How can you friend hope to measure the workers attitude in both companies, quantify them and make interactions with other identities, like say, engine piston. There is no logical, or so to say, simple mathematical route to both. He's conclusions are not testable not transferable, not consistent, not science in a nut shell.

He should be talking about the psychology of engine parts, and not physics.

• 2 weeks later...