How far will we progress toward human physical immortality

Alan McDougall

Death is just as beautiful as life. We die so that a newer slightly different form of life can procreate. We die to make room for new and to let our species evolve.

Death is a beautiful thing and it exists in nature because it belongs. Death is not evil nor something we should tamper with. We are already living longer and longer as it is and if we do live in space and travel vast distances i'm sure we can evolve to do so.

Maybe we can eliminate death from dying cells, we can't stop death from happening.

I'm very biased, I feel like the urge to never cease to exist as an individual is on a subconscious level one of the main roots of our problems in society. Sorry.

you are right, "till the end of the universe" is a really long time to live...

i would get bored, then do things to entertain myself, leave a trail of chaos behind me, and then probably try to destroy said universe out of curiosity and boredom

but this takes time, id estimate it would take me 50,000-1,000,000 years to complete my bucket list (im constantly adding to it), so, if i can i would like to live long enough to achieve the destruction of the universe(i know i have such small goals for my life)

immortality just lets you finish whatever you ever wanted to do, then go out with a bang that will leave a mark...

its not that i am afraid to die(im actualy curious) but first i want to see evrything, and do evrything.

and since thats infinite, it means i need alot of time to do it in

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy offers this definition of the word "Infinite".

Infinite: Bigger than the biggest thing ever and then some. Much bigger than that in fact, really amazingly immense, a totally stunning size, "wow, that's big", time. Infinity is just so big that by comparison, bigness itself looks really titchy. Gigantic multiplied by colossal multiplied by staggeringly huge is the sort of concept we're trying to get across here."

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (its a book, you know with words in it?)

Edited by dmaiski

*ahem*, that where you're wrong. I have fallen into a pool wile looking at my reflection!

and a world without me in it, would be a far less interesting world, at the least from my prospective(being rarefied to the extreme and rather lacking in prospects in that situation :lol: ).

also its a basic instinct of life to want to live, for as long as posible, even at the cost of evrything else.

Edited by dmaiski

*ahem*, that where you're wrong. I have fallen into a pool wile looking at my reflection!

and a world without me in it, would be a far less interesting world, at the least from my prospective(being rarefied to the extreme and rather lacking in prospects in that situation :lol: ).

also its a basic instinct of life to want to live, for as long as posible, even at the cost of evrything else.

Agreed!