Vacuum Bag Theory

HerbertSu

So I came across this theory about why the universe is expanding and I wanted to run it by people to see what they think about it.

According the the Vacuum Bag Theory, our universe is expanding because there is a gargantuan sized white hole somewhere in space (or maybe there's a bunch of them). As we all know, white holes are just the opposite ends of a black hole. Now the black hole that is on the other end of the white hole has run out of matter to suck through and now there's nothing left to suck but the very fabric of space-time and that is why our universe is still expanding.

Just a theory, tell me what you think!

Well I'm pretty certain that you know what black holes are, you know those giant things that suck anything that comes nearby and nothing can escape it? Well a white hole is where the items that get sucked exit out. It's like a black hole is the mouth of a vacuum and the white hole is the part of the vacuum that deposits everything into a bag. What this theory is saying is that the vacuum bag is actually our universe.

Well I'm pretty certain that you know what black holes are, you know those giant things that suck anything that comes nearby and nothing can escape it? Well a white hole is where the items that get sucked exit out. It's like a black hole is the mouth of a vacuum and the white hole is the part of the vacuum that deposits everything into a bag. What this theory is saying is that the vacuum bag is actually our universe.

Forgive me if I still fail to understand it. But does your idea make any predictions we can test?

It's just a theory.

No, evolution is "just" a theory. General Relativity is "just" a theory. What you have is the basis for a hypothesis, assuming you can come up with some sort of predictions that aren't better explained by some existing theory or model, and a testing methodology for your predictions. Once it's grown up a little, it can be a theory. Maybe.

Though, frankly, I'm inclined more to the "woo" camp myself on this one.

Then shouldn't black holes be sucking in space-time instead of matter thus negating the effects of the white hole?

[edit] if you meant the opposite of what this question responds to refer to this question cause I can't tell what you are saying:

shouldn't space expand in a manner consistent with visible black holes and push things out instead of pulling them in? [/edit]

Edited by Ringer

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "negating the effects of the white hole" but yes, I'm basically saying that a black hole is sucking in space-time. White holes are the things that push things out and black holes are the ones that pull stuff in. I'm saying that our universe is on the side of a white hole. We are expanding because space-time is coming out of that white hole. This space-time is coming from the white hole's other end, which is a black hole.