Colour in Space?

us.2u

As far as I can make out we only see colour because of various gases witin our atmosphere & the natural sunlight that basically beams through these chemicals i.e. our Earths Atmosphere as a spectrograph that bends each particle of light into various lenghts which give us an equation of colour so we recognize our blues,greens etc..yet the U.S. Astronauts that appear on "The Moon" display the American Stars and Stripes in all their glory and also the American banner flaps in an atmospheric" WIND"? All the science that I learnt in my curriculum about rainbows and colours, I believed were true. Have I been misled or were the American Astronauts just actors?

As far as I can make out we only see colour because of various gases witin our atmosphere & the natural sunlight that basically beams through these chemicals i.e. our Earths Atmosphere as a spectrograph that bends each particle of light into various lenghts which give us an equation of colour so we recognize our blues,greens etc..yet the U.S. Astronauts that appear on "The Moon" display the American Stars and Stripes in all their glory and also the American banner flaps in an atmospheric" WIND"? All the science that I learnt in my curriculum about rainbows and colours, I believed were true. Have I been misled or were the American Astronauts just actors?

Either you have been taught nonsense or you misunderstood. One does not need to have atmospheric effects to have colours. White light (from the sun) hits the flag and and the red stripe absorbs all the (visible) wavelengths of light except for the red ones. The red wavelengths are reflected and so the stripes appear red.

The flag stands proud because it has an extra wire in it.

Either you have been taught nonsense or you misunderstood. One does not need to have atmospheric effects to have colours. White light (from the sun) hits the flag and and the red stripe absorbs all the (visible) wavelengths of light except for the red ones. The red wavelengths are reflected and so the stripes appear red.

The flag stands proud because it has an extra wire in it.

Try looking at some pics from Hubble. The telescope is outside the atmosphere, but the colours in those Galaxies would move Da Vinci to tears.

"The Fingers of God" are not only amazing but beautiful as well. (Although they do look better with a "White Star" parked in front of them.):)

Try looking at some pics from Hubble. The telescope is outside the atmosphere, but the colours in those Galaxies would move Da Vinci to tears.

"The Fingers of God" are not only amazing but beautiful as well. (Although they do look better with a "White Star" parked in front of them.):)

Can anyone explain the true facts of the radiation belt? Is it true Astronauts passed through this Van-Allen belt that emits intensifying heat? If so is it likely Astronauts can deal with this heat. Also after watching the lunar landing video it shows the Astronauts in darkness doe's anyone know approx what temparture this would likely to be & whether it would be feasible for cameras operated by astronauts on the moon to actuall work? Also in the sixties if I recall correctly when the Astronauts were making radio contact with Earth there was not any time delay in communication with each other why? I am no expert but just puzzled anyone out-there to enlighten me? Thanks us.2u

"I am fairly sure that the moon landings did happen, but I do think that some of the pictures were faked for propoganda reasons."

Comes to mind, if they painted "Coca-Cola - enjoy" on the Moon surface with red and white, could you read it clearly from down here? :)

Also, a certain story called "The Color out of Space" comes to mind from the name of this thread. :P Iä! Iä! Fhtagn!