lightning powered electrolysis

lightning diety

i am working on a machine that produced a artificial super cell strorm, charges and seeds the cloud sections, and through the use of charged dust, a laser, and several solutions (seeds) added to the clouds, have produced scaled down and directable lightning. the question i have been asking around for quite some time is this: can the captured lightning if split enough times and scaled down through splitting, be used to power electrolysis cells full of sea water, and turn this sea water into its base elements like oxygen, hydrogen fuel, clean air/water, etc. i do know that the process is more than capable of doing so, its just the timing of it that is the problem, there will be a thousandth of a second in which to convert the lightning into electrolysis power. i would say more but i am in the process of patenting a few stages of my machine, and cant really say more about the proccess's until they are patented as this is a very competitive world, and my machine has the potential to slow global warming, and fix the clean air/water/fuel problems of mankind. so any answer would be very helpful, and if more info is needed, than email me at <email address removed> and depending on the question, i will be able to elaborate more extensivly on the machine.

Edited by hypervalent_iodine
Email address removed

!

Moderator Note

lightning deity,

Firstly, I removed your email address both for your own protection and because prefer people don't try to drive discussion away from the site. If members have questions, I am sure they can ask them here.

I have moved this thread to Speculations. This in no way is meant to detract from your thread or its credibility, it is simply because we like to keep our Science sub-forums in keeping with discussions related to main-stream science / engineering. Since this is something you claim to be your own invention, it is better suited to the Speculations forum, however this may change down the line.

Incidentally, you also need to be aware that the speculations forum has an additional set of rules. Please read over these and ensure that you abide by them as well as the general site rules.

i suppose i need some notes on the process so here are some of the base principle of the working sections. the start up process uses solar panels to collect electrical energy channeling them to the electromagnets that help charge the cloud sections. the solar panels also direct heat for cloud formation, and convection of heat cause for simulated wind conditions. there is a well with sea water, a lightning rod, and straight above it a laser to direct the lightning. the lightning rod capture the lightning, channeling much of the heat for more clouds, and runs the lightning through a series of electrolysis cells wrapped around what used to be the lightning grounding channels/wires. the lightning electrical power is converted to electrolysis, which through the use of pressure and electromagnetic pumps can run the split hydrogen, oxygen, and smaller concentrations of other elements through pressure turbines, then some of the waste elements can be combined to produce power, or for manufacturing, where as the hydrogen and oxygen can be combine for electricity, clean water, clean oxygen, and some of the hydrogen can be bled off for hydrogen fuels. it will not be the best creater of electrical energy, but will be able to do a fairly efficient job of making clean water and air from the oceans water, test weather conditions and any possible research in the fields of atmoshperic and weather research, and if used in the antarctic, and a fair bit of liquid hydrogen is bled off a used to freeze the clean water that the machine produces, then potentially the machine can be used to regrow the ice and the antarctic itself, giving the world a fair bit of extra time that it needs to fix the green house gas problem. i hope some of these note help a bit more.

I think the first thing you need to learn is some basic economics.

Typical bolt is 500 MJ

That's about 140KW Hr

i.e. about 0.14 MW Hr

Which you could sell for £56/Mw hr

(http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/energy-latest-news/uk-peak-electricity-prices-reach-17-month-high-152903995.html)

So it's about £8 worth of electricity.

There are estimated to be about 45 strikes per second worldwide.

But it's practically impossible to "harvest" them all.

The simple way is to use some big tower.

The empire state building is struck something like 25 times a year.

So, for something the size (and cost) of that building, you can harvest about £200 worth of electricity.

Never mind any technical challenges: this just doesn't fly.

i would just like to say that yes, i was a little behind in the economics portion, but the lightning being generated is being made artificially, so as to get past the waiting time for a storm, i built my own clouds, producing lightning from sunlight, ocean water, and mixng a seed chemical to hold a greater charge. once the clouds are up and running in a enclosed area, they have been able to maintain themselves with little changes so long as the are well monitored and supplied by the ocean water. the main sources of electrical energy output from this machine is more from the more traditional turbine system of recombination of the hydrogen/oxygen, and a turbine for waste element combination.combustion. i know that it will not produce a power on the same scale as nuclear technology, and that it is still in its infantile stages, as i have yet to try the electrolysis stage, but depending on the use of the machine, electrical power might not be the issue, but more of how much clean water can be produced, or how much hydrogen fuel can be manufactured, or how much oxygen can be produced and sold to the hospitals, oxygen, hydrogen fuel, and others like deuterium can be collected while collecting water. so in essence the electrical production is not the main point of the machine, just a little bonus. this machine is more about the production of valuable resources for a low operating cost, and R&D of weather manipulation/manufacturing, and potentially if the machine is modlified and built to be entirely on remote control, could be used to refreeze the polar ice caps with the desalinated water, and liquid hydrogen to freeze it. if there are any comments about my very bad drawing skills, plz nore that the picture inclosed is a very basic concept, and that there are about 3 sets of plans on the go, depending on what one wants more out of the machine, power, or resources, a colder planet, or a cleaner fuel system.

thank you again for reading this, and if there are any major problems that dont have to do with my terrible vocabulary or drawing skills, then please let me know.

post-75521-0-67951500-1338575273_thumb.png

post-75521-0-71981200-1338575351_thumb.png

!

Moderator Note

Lightning. we tend not to delete any thread which has generated any replies. please try to avoid opening multiple threads. On this occasion I will lock this thread so that any discussion will proceed in new thread.