Getting news coverage?

stevensrd1

You know I invented a little thing I call the water cell. Basically its pure magnesium as a negative electrode wrapped in a sponge and copper around that as your positive electrode. Set it in water and you got your water cell which equates to say a single AA battery. I run things like quartz wall clocks, digital clocks, led lights, certain types or motors and so forth on water cells. They basically last forever with minor wear or require minor maintenance even since they sit in just pure water. I dont use salts, acids or any added chemicals. So I tried to get some news coverage on this. I run a live cam that displays things powered on water which is usually up 24/7 at live cam I thought the news might find this interesting, since I said they can come check it out,,take it apart, do what they want to it to prove its all real and on the up and up. I posted that on the live cam page. Also I sent many emails to many news agencies saying the same. You want to know how many were interested, how many wanted to come see it? Guess...NONE..I also sent many emails to many scientist that I found online, many scientific websites even.. They also sent no replies, seemed not interested. And I have gotten a few that said i was a fake or worse. Now I told the truth, I said you can come check it out,,take it apart,,see its real,,or just do it to prove im a fake if I am. Which by the way Im not. But none would. And the more I think about this, the more it upsets me because I love science. I like to think science can save us as a species. Help us find new and easier ways to live,,ways to stop polluting the world. But now Im starting to think otherwise...Perhaps its not science thats to blame, but people stepping in the way of science, preventing it from helping us. Either way its very sad to say the least.

To get news coverage, you must be newsworthy. Even if your batteries will power those items indefinitely, the items themselves are pretty ho-hum. Clocks and blinky lights don't capture anyone's attention, we take them for granted anyway, so it's hard to dredge up any enthusiasm for them even when they're powered cheaply.

It's partly the same reason why no one in the US gets upset at the sugar subsidies. We pay twice as much for sugar as the rest of the world, but even then sugar is pretty cheap, so no one is that bothered by the subsidies. Now if we started having to pay what the rest of the world pays for gasoline, THAT would make the news!

So my advice is to come up with something cooler for your battery to power. Tie it together with something else that's current or newsworthy in your city. If you can get either a business or a politician interested in your battery, even if it's just for the publicity you might bring them, that will help too (you really need a pretty great "hook", an angle that really appeals, before professionals will risk any exposure with you).

As an example, if you could power some kind of sign for nothing, something that would light up and display a message, that could be extremely useful. If the sign could display a message for a local charity, to be used in conjunction with a special fundraising effort, then I think you could send out a press release to all your local news affiliates that would probably get some attention.