Through A Jaundiced Eye?

rigney

Do people, hopefully not most; look at life and their surroundings as a drag? Through a jaundiced eye, so to speak. Are they nothing more than Lemmings looking for a cliff to leap from? This is not meant as a religious or atheistic venue to spit venom, so let's keep it simple. I would just like to have your opinions and thoughts on the question. So, I will stay out of it entirely. Pardon, but I did change, "WE" to "THEY". I will only make changes to my initial comment if necessary, but no suggestions.

Edited by rigney

The way you phrased the first question demands an automatic "Yes". There ARE people who view the world this way, so what other answer could there be?

But then you ask, "Are we nothing more than Lemmings looking for a cliff to leap from?", which is a generalization, to which the obvious answer is "No, not all of us". If these questions are not meant as a venue to spit venom, why are they so loaded towards certain obvious answers?

Also, your first question generalizes "life and their surroundings". I think there are plenty of people who view certain aspects of their lives and their surroundings with a jaundiced eye, perhaps things like politics or their job, but not other aspects, such as science or their families. Your questions seem to cull specific circumstances and individuals and conflate them with society as a whole, and that makes it hard to answer meaningfully.

Quite the opposite for me - I tend to see the best in everyone and everything and go through life with a slightly-mindless grin; the only things that rile me and I am really cynical about is our party politics and the intrusion into secular society of religion. but then as I love to argue and rail "against the man", and agitprop is the most fun you can have with your clothes on - it's pretty much a winner, gives me something to get exercised over.

There are times when it is possible to take the view, lifes a drag, or I am bored. However for me these are transient moments, I regard myself as one lucky SOB. I live in a beautiful country, I have family, a job, a home, and so much to be happy about. Sure we all get fed up from time to time, that's entirely natural.

Sure there are some people who have it way tougher than me, and hopefully I can show them some compassion and understanding, maybe even help them, after all thats what a society is isn't it?