What is this thing?

TransformerRobot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=_oPxa3C3iu0&feature=endscreen

Okay after seeing the video I think this creature is very fragile and prone to vomiting, but I don't understand why it blew up. Probably because the young men who found it were careless enough to give it root beer, which may have reacted improperly with it's digestive system and made it explode.

The part where we see many of the creatures run away means that they must be very fast when they need to be, so the one at the end that died must've been deathly ill.

This is a video from 3 years ago, so is this a creature that's been officially identified?

Okay after seeing the video I think this creature is very fragile and prone to vomiting, but I don't understand why it blew up. Probably because the young men who found it were careless enough to give it root beer, which may have reacted improperly with it's digestive system and made it explode.

The part where we see many of the creatures run away means that they must be very fast when they need to be, so the one at the end that died must've been deathly ill.

This is a video from 3 years ago, so is this a creature that's been officially identified?

I have no idea what it is, but if I had to guess I'd say it's an attempt to get a high number of views on YouTube.

totally fake...

Too fast on the rocks for one thing. Also, when it was flipped over it was stiff like a frisbee. The volume it expelled. Lack of any obvious mechanism for exploding.

Well I thought that's what the chemical reaction was when it was given root beer. The part about them being too fast on the rocks I can understand.

Well I thought that's what the chemical reaction was when it was given root beer. The part about them being too fast on the rocks I can understand.

I don't think root beer is a chemical component of dynamite.

Well it's a carbonated liquid, and the creature may not have had the proper digestive system for those sorts of drinks. The explosion didn't seem loud enough for dynamite.

Zapatos is indeed correct, the creature could not have moved that fast, and to explode because someone poured a couple ounces of root beer in it is not reasonable.

On top of that while I am not exactly a expert in marine biology (it is a hobby of mine and I take my hobbies quite seriously) i do know enough to know that creature is not part of any known phylum on earth, it has characteristics of several types of animals and is either a unique animal that any marine biologist would give his right hand to find or fake. i vote fake for sure...

I thought it was maybe an Owl Limpet, unless those things can't go outside water.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lottia_gigantea

You thought that was a limpet? Limpets don't scramble up cliff faces faster than a man can walk on level ground. limpets don't have suckers or a body cavity opening in the center of the foot, limpets have shells, it was a fake, a made up creature, a prop to hoax you tube viewers...

If it wasn't the pop that made it explode, then what blew it up? And how did they get that much goo from it?

Ummmm...it was not a real animal and it was faked?

The lack of cephilization and the existence of a ventral gut opening excludes mullusca. The pores and an apparent ability to see or smell human excludes cnideria. And, the fact that it moves with such high speeds on land excludes echinodermata. But, it has characteristics of all three. This was a very deliberate creation, and a very obvious hoax!

The lack of cephilization and the existence of a ventral gut opening excludes mullusca. The pores and an apparent ability to see or smell human excludes cnideria. And, the fact that it moves with such high speeds on land excludes echinodermata. But, it has characteristics of all three. This was a very deliberate creation, and a very obvious hoax!

Well how did they do the goo? Or make them move so quickly? Was some of that CGI?

Indeed, obvious hoax, great description...

One of the give aways is early on in the video. One of the men points towards the small cliff where the creatures are supposedly gathered. In a real world situation this person would be looking at the cliff, pointing and running towards it. Instead he looks deliberately into the camera. It is fourth rate acting. Equally the camera operator would be expected to swing the camera quickly in the reuired direction. They don't, but hold the camera on the 'pointer' so that the audience can understand there is 'something of interest' 'over there'. B-movie cinematography.

• 4 weeks later...