Recomend a good place to buy chems?

DandyGurl

here's another link i have recently purchased glassware and chemicals from them http://www.timstar.co.uk they ship abroad i had to email them to ask if they do sell to the public also the minimum order at http://www.labpakchemicals.com isnt £50 i have orderd 500g of mercury from them, they are now accepting a lower minimum order at least about £13 thats what i payed because to many orders were coming for under £50

Edit: Brainiac 2 shows mainly pyrotechnic explosions IE the Tina turner explosions, except for explosive of the week, i think the original Brainiac is Better plus they had better ideas for things to do with a Microwave, i am so tempted to do the oxyhydrogen ballon in microwave, use a long extension cable to keep as much distance as possible :D

Yeah, I was thinking about the weight ratios too. But of course, you will probably like to keep some of the Hg to yourself. :) And when we consider that they used about 2g charges of Hg fulminate in #8 blasting caps... interesting. :D

i wounder how big an explosion 1KG of mercury fulminate would sound like, i know a few things i would take into an account if a charge like that was lit,

1. run as fast as possible away, stop at safe distance

2. close eyes

3. turn away

and 4. Hold nut's incase something comes flying towards me, these are a few safty precautions any man should take :D

of course they can :)

but it`s nothing to worry about tho' date=' do you really think real terrorists would chat like this on an open science forum? Naaah, I`m sure they`re smart enough to see it for what it is, and notice there`s a big diff in collecting elements or making things that go *POP* and destroying entire buildings and stuff :)[/quote']

The FBI came knocking on my moms door, where I used to live... They didn't have the brains to look up the adress on my drivers lic...

You could go to walmart and the hardware store and make a bigger bomb for less money and effort then getting any of these chemicals...

Back in High School we blew up a car with a pound of triple F, a metal tube, and foot of bomb wick... Total cost $20.00...

When I was in sixth grade, our teacher's husband worked at a chemical plant and had access to a ton of mercury. So she brought in some mercury and we all got to play with it during our science lessons. She only said "don't eat it, put your face in it, or spill it on yourself. Make sure you wash your hands afterwards." It was REALLY neat playing with the mercury. The way it moved and the way it felt in your hand was amazing. Of course, if a teacher did that now HAZMAT would be called in and she would be fired. lol. (Note: This all happened back in 1992).

in my high school we were never aloud to do anything like that, so we had to make up our own fun, eg about year 9/10 we had a physic's lesson and the teacher brought out some circuit boards, the type where they dont need to be solderd to creat a circuit you just put in a few pieace's and connect it to a power supply and you have your circuit, anyway while the teacher was explaining this to the rest of the class, me and two of my friends were on our desk, when we decided to make our own circuit a very simple one but effective, i placed a light bulb into the circuit connected two wires to it, and then stupidly put the end of the wires in a wall socket, i started daring one of my friends to turn it on, he would'nt then he dared me i would'nt, this carryed on for a while then my other friend came in to the conversation and sayed "! oh i'll do it" he flicked the switch and bloody hell, the bang which came of that and because i was in the middle directly facing the circuit all i saw was a poof of smoke and the side of my face felt like it was buring with the heat that came of, any way this certainly caught the class's attention and before the teacher came over we tried to get rid of the "evidence" we pulled the wires out ect and when we came to getting the bulb out this was where it all went wrong the bulb had turned sillver solderd it self to the circuit, and we could'nt get it out the teacher came over saw what we did and started shouting, and what mad it worse was that our ears were ring like mad from the bang, so the shouting sounded worse, and to make matters even more worse the electricity had gone in the whole block so the science block were unable to do anything for electricity for a day, this is one thing we are all not going to do again and nor should anybody else because the voltage could easyly kill anybody luckly nobody was killed or injured

You could go to walmart and the hardware store and make a bigger bomb for less money and effort then getting any of these chemicals...

Back in High School we blew up a car with a pound of triple F' date=' a metal tube, and foot of bomb wick... Total cost $20.00...[/quote']

I can't believe you would say such a thing. Don't stifle his imagination.....pipe bombs are really quite boring.