The universe at near 0 Kelvin

Please move if this is in the wrong forum.

Although the temperature of the Universe will continue to drop, it will approach zero but never reach it. The energy that is in the temperature will spread out thinner and thinner, but since that energy is non-zero, no matter what volume it is spread over, the average is never exactly zero, just smaller and smaller.

Dr. Eric Christian

When/if the universe reaches the critical temperature for the Bose-Einstein condensate to form, what effects would this have to observation of the universe?

When/if the universe reaches the critical temperature for the Bose-Einstein condensate to form, what effects would this have to observation of the universe?

BEC is a matter of density as well as temperature.

I see so it would never form universally?

You need a density orders of magnitude higher than the current average density of matter and a temperature orders of magnitude colder, and the way you get colder is via expansion, which lowers the density.

You need a density orders of magnitude higher than the current average density of matter and a temperature orders of magnitude colder, and the way you get colder is via expansion, which lowers the density.

Ok but does this preclude the chance that some areas of space could achieve the required density and temperature to form BEC and if so would this region of space be big enough for observation (given were about to observe) or would the density create a higher temperature and thus inhibit the formation?

(edit) I guess I've answered myself here so don't worry about a reply.

Edited by dimreepr