Worried About Self

monique06

HI! I've been worried about this for the long time and it seemed that I'm positive. I need to ask this to all you guys. Well, sorry for not introducing first..I'm female, 31 with a husband and two sons..

I have the following symptoms.eek.gif

-Frequent memory lapses

-Mood swings

-I always argue with my mind

-Uncontrolled emotions

-Unthoughtful acts

-I often switched my behavior

Are these all signs of insanity? or as what my friend said..."Schizophrenia"?

Thanks to all you guys...

i think if you are worried then you need to go to the dr.

whilst people tend to associate voices and some of the other symptoms you listed with schizophrenia. to me one of the most noticible hallmarks of schizophrenia is a marked (and normally complete) lack of insight into their illness. another is a complete lack of social appropriateness that is only present when the person is unwell.

the fact that you are portraying an element of questioning and insight in your post makes me suspect you do not have schizophrenia although i clearly cannot diagnose you either way.

Thanks for that advice she_rat,:rolleyes:..it truly helped a lot..thank you so much..

I already had my appointment for a psychologist tomorrow..and just the thought that i'm seeing him kills me...

but, what you just said enlightened me, maybe it's just worries that I have..thanks.

If I were you and you consider your symptoms more or less permanent then I think you should see a doctor.

Following a particular incident I suffered most of what you describe over a period of weeks, mostly the last three (uncontrolled emotions, unthoughtful acts, switching of behaviour). I'm now back to being my usual self and do think I suffered some sort of temporary mental disturbance. If I felt my experience was anything other than a passing phase then I would seek medical advice.

I must emphasise that I have no medical experience - really just empathising, but seeking proper medical advice surely can't be bad?

Edited by TonyMcC

I would have thought that these symptoms:

-Frequent memory lapses

-Mood swings

-I always argue with my mind

-Uncontrolled emotions

-Unthoughtful acts

-I often switched my behavior

were a perfectly reasonable response to these conditions:

I'm female, 31 with a husband and two sons..

In other words life can be confusing, frustrating and sometimes overwhelming. Getting professional advice will be a good way to set your mind at ease.

HI guys! I just been into my Psychologist yesterday and good..he said that it's just all because of too much depression and that even though sanity and insanity are just thin hair apart, he just said that i don't have to worry about these things. worrying causes more depression and that it attacks even the smallest part of my thought. One thing that makes everything clear though is that I am just having an "Hysteria" and "might" have a Personality Borderline Disorder..he required me to have some therapy and counseling then..hehe.

I thank that's just good.

Well, I also been too some forums and I gladly thanked all of you guys...everything is just great!