Spanish

Primarygun

Anyone knows spanish?

I learn a new word from my teacher.

It is like " p-a-da" or "m-a-da".

I think it looks like this.What does it mean?

I don't think you learned it very well. Can't you ask your teacher for the word again? There are no Spanish words exactly like that that I know of. Padre y Madre means Father and Mother, piedra means stone.

Buena suerte.

A Dutch friend of mine, with rudimentary Spanish, while travelling in South America wanted to thank someone for giving up their seat on a bus to his wife. He intended to say "Gracias senor, usted es un caballero.' Which translates as, 'thank you sir, you are a gentleman' (Caballero is literally horseman. Think of the english word cavalier.) What he actually said was "Gracias senor, usted es un caballo.' Which translates as 'Thank you sir, you are a horse.' It left one very confused caballero.

You aren't making it easy for us to help Primary Gun, since you don't seem to know the exact spelling of the words. Since this is presumably at a very basic level, I would have thought Phi for All's guess (padre madre) was best. And I am also puzzled why you don't ask your teacher. That's what teachers are for. icon7.gif