Is this really how it works?

questionposter

So if you take two entangled particles and shoot a photon at one particle, will that particle really destroy the photon and have it re-appear on the other end comming out of the other particle? Because I think some nova or pbs program said that, and you'd think something like successful instantaneous materialization would make the headlines. I mean what they are saying has to be coming from somewhere, but it seems like a leap. How would you even measure that without destroying the entanglement?

Edited by questionposter

So if you take two entangled particles and shoot a photon at one particle, will that particle really destroy the photon and have it re-appear on the other end comming out of the other particle? Because I think some nova or pbs program said that, and you'd think something like successful instantaneous materialization would make the headlines. I mean what they are saying has to be coming from somewhere, but it seems like a leap. How would you even measure that without destroying the entanglement?

What were you drinking when the show aired ?

I think DrRocket knows quite a bit about quantum mechanics, which is why he found your post absurd.

It sounds like you're mixing up something they said about quantum teleportation, but it doesn't work that way.

Ok, that's what I thought, that's why I put in the topic post ITSELF that I had my doubts about that being true. But I still have to think what it meant instead of that then.