Life inside a black hole???

36grit

http://www.dailygala...rbor-life-.html

Check this article out.

Whether a black hole is vacuous point, which I think it isn't, or whether it is a dense unknown type of matter more dense than a neutron star, or something else.

In any of these models, the inside of the black hole should be tumultuous to enable the creation of life which seeming must be very complex. There seemingly would be no time for anything to evolve inside of it IMO.

//

Edited by pantheory

I am very sceptical about the idea of life inside a black hole. Though I imagine it is not impossible to have stable regions inside the horizon for a large enough and slowly rotating black hole. But this is all very "pie in the sky", I cannot see how we will ever really know.

What is very interesting is the discovery of gigantic black holes, much larger than expected. This really does suggest that we do not know much about the general evolutionary history of these very big black holes. There is some astrophysics here poorly understood.

What would be the benefit of living inside a black hole for a type III advanced civilization? Sure, one could argue that they could take advantage of some form of energy stored / produced within the black hole. But, wouldn't this type of civilization be able to take advantage of the black hole without living inside it? Instead, wouldn't it be better to spread to other galaxies?

Edited by Daedalus

Life in a black hole? Couldnt a black hole lead to another demension? I think black holes are like holes in hose runing water. Everything that comes near the hole gets spit out and into another demension. Wouldnt that be exiting.

Life in a black hole? Couldnt a black hole lead to another demension? I think black holes are like holes in hose runing water. Everything that comes near the hole gets spit out and into another demension. Wouldnt that be exiting.

For me, the only problem with your comment is that the extreme gravity within the Event Horizon destroys matter -- the radiation spewing from the hole when matter arrives proves that. And if matter gets destroyed, it ain't coming out elsewhere intact! IMHO.