The Trading Thread

Lance

I made this thread so we can all trade extra scientific 'stuff' that we don’t need anymore. You can post anything you’re willing to trade here including elements, chemicals, and equipment. You can also post if you’re looking for something specific but don’t see it listed.

If you no longer have the item to trade please remove your post. If you see something you want pm the person with your offer unless the person specified what they want in return in which case you should pm them and make the arrangements.

Ill start by saying that I have:

Several feet of magnesium ribbon, and lab grade aluminum, lead, and copper shot.

About 50 .05cm x 1cm x 1.2cm reagent grade zinc pieces

3 0.07uf, 15kv high voltage capacitors (good for an extremely large tesla coil)

this seems like YET ANOTHER attempt of an offspring of the 'SFN Chemical trading', and I hope this goes further than mine did :-(. So how much for a about a 1/2 inch section of magnesium and a piece of Zn, by cash I have nothing to trade...

several hundred assorted Vaccum tubes.

several hundred different types of RAM from the original 128 bit types upto 8x256k static rams and EPROMS.

CPUs from Z80s , 8080, 8086, 6502, 80286, 68000 etc...

and related support ICs for each series.

nothing`s too obscure to ask for, the worst I can say Nope, I don`t have any :)

If someone has a small piece of a radioactive mineral (to be used as a Geiger counter check), I'd be more than glad to trade it for some gallium or money (if you don't happen to be in a need of gallium :P ). Before anyone goes "OMG OMG t3rr0r1st!!1" I must state that it is completely legal to possess even quite active mineral specimens for educational purposes, you don't even need a license for it, and low-activity material can be shipped through normal mail, requiring no HazMat or similar costs.

Edit: Antique radium clock hands or the like are ok too. :)