Poll for homework, if anyone wants to participate

Brainteaserfan

Out of curiosity, what kind of homework are you doing?

My online AP government class. I was required to poll people along with at least one other student on any topic, preferably something relating to government, current events, or politics in some way. Btw, anyone who votes I'll give a +1 rep to if they reply :)

Ok done. Are we allowed to discuss the questions and answers given?

Have hidden my question to avoid spoiling the responses

I think Q4 raises some interesting further questions in how it was posed, whether it was misunderstood, and the answers to it.

"If cellphones do pose a safety risk, should the government do something about it (such as warnings on boxes, research)"

Less than half the respondents felt the government should do something - GIVEN the fact in the question that there is a health risk! Now I do not believe there is a health risk - but given that question I have to answer "yes" - who would answer "no"?

As this is homework I think the sort of ambiguity that this question brings up is a prime example of how difficult it is to fairly word surveys

Ok done. Are we allowed to discuss the questions and answers given?

Have hidden my question to avoid spoiling the responses

I think Q4 raises some interesting further questions in how it was posed, whether it was misunderstood, and the answers to it.

"If cellphones do pose a safety risk, should the government do something about it (such as warnings on boxes, research)"

Less than half the respondents felt the government should do something - GIVEN the fact in the question that there is a health risk! Now I do not believe there is a health risk - but given that question I have to answer "yes" - who would answer "no"?

As this is homework I think the sort of ambiguity that this question brings up is a prime example of how difficult it is to fairly word surveys

Thanks. Oops, I had meant for people to only answer that question if they answered yes to the last question. I guess that meaning got lost. I edited it, so now it says that explicitly, but even if everyone does vote on that one, I'll subtract the no votes in the last question from the "I don't know's and no's." (I can see who voted for what, so I will know which one they voted for.)

Thanks again! I will post the results here next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one. Still a bit perturbed about the "if you answered yes to..." question. 21 voters answered yes to the previous question - but 64 people voted? A significant proportion did not answer all the questions which is also a bit annoying