Calculating Pi

ed84c

you can find plenty of tutorials for programming languages on the internet...

if you don't know how to program, we'd just be walking you step by step through the program... you wouldn't learn anything or have fun

so... if you're just doing it for fun... do it... you're not going to have any fun if we do it for you...

Expand arccos into a taylor series and plug in -1. You get something along the lines of pi/2=1+1/6+3/40+5/112+35/1152...and you just keep expanding it. I don't know how rapidly it converges though, and I don't feel like checking right now...though it's not hard to do.

"I swear you’re out of your mind. I would rather stare at a wall... which I do quite often."

Yes, wall staring / watching grass grow will be my new hobby when I reach 100 decimals. Still at the damn 71, hadn't had too much enthusiasm memorizing more. :/

Yes, wall staring / watching grass grow will be my new hobby when I reach 100 decimals. Still at the damn 71, hadn't had too much enthusiasm memorizing more. :/

It will take you forever if you try going one by one. You need to cluster them in meaningful groups like if you see four numbers that are an important date in history or they are in someone's phone-number. Then you should be able to memorize a few hundred in an hour or so.