dynamic web page

mab

First you need to think about where the dynamic content is going to be generated.

If it is just things like manipulating the elements in the page or the browser window, you can do it all on the client side. Use a client-side language like VBScript or JavaScript.

If you are going to be building pages from entries in a database on a server, you will need to use a server-side language like ASP or PHP. The server you are using will determine which languages you can and can't use.

Thanks for answering,my question.

My server supports ASP.I want to use it with dreamweaver,and want to make such kind of page, where anyone could place his/her data,which would be then be stored in a database folderwhich latter I could access.

An other problem is that I find ASP quite difficult,I wonder, if there could be something easier then ASP, which I could use as substitute.

Personally, I despise ASP for server-side programming because it's so crap. PHP is a much better choice for server-side content - it's supported by most server hosting companies as well, which is a bonus. Have a look into it - it's simple, easy to use and above all easy to get going with.