emf or emi problems?

Lesad

We live across the street from a power substation and have had several noticeable health problems since moving in. We have had the water checked, there is no mold or anything else obvious in the house. The house is about 300' from the substation. We had the local utility company come out and show us how strong the emf's from the substation were and they didn't seem to be even as strong as they were from our microwave. We also notice that we can't get reliable cell phone service in many places in the house. That's also true for outside the house in certain areas that are about 30' from it. There is a spot in the living room that I notice a low-grade but obvious vibration and pressure in my chest and throat when I'm in it. As I move farther from the spot, the feeling dissipates. It's something that bothers me so much that I can't stand to sit in that area of the house for more than 5-minutes. I also notice that it fluctuates and sometimes is worse than other times. We've turned all the power in the house off and it's still there. It sounds strange, I know. But we love the house and would like to stay if we can figure out what this thing is that we believe has effected my health dramatically, and my husband's health some too. Does anyone have any ideas?

Low-intensity non-ionizing EM radiation is almost certainly not the problem. You are bathed in it constantly, everywhere you go; considering the entire spectrum of EM, you are exposed to hundreds of Watts of blackbody radiation.

Not sure. Could that potentially cause health issues? I was sick, seriously sick, so that I had to miss work 7 times the year that I lived there. But was hardly ever sick prior to that, and haven't been sick since I moved out of the house.

Could it be infrasound (i.e. low frequency sound)?

• 3 months later...

Not sure. Could that potentially cause health issues? I was sick, seriously sick, so that I had to miss work 7 times the year that I lived there. But was hardly ever sick prior to that, and haven't been sick since I moved out of the house.

Interesting predicament. Have you asked your physician about your condition? It might be another matter altogether. I'd also recommend getting a new place to stay, that's what I would do if I were in your place. You really can't risk anything when it comes to health matter.

You say you can feel vibration in your chest. IMO this is unlikely to be your chest responding to EM waves of 50 or 60 Hz. I wonder if the room you get this sensation in is subject to a low level of mechanical vibration which is causing resonance within the room. If the room is at resonance you would find a place or places where the effect is amplified. This could be set up by something like a compressor running, or even by traffic running on a nearby road. It would be somewhat like the way your chest can respond to low notes played on a church organ. This is just a thought.