What Caused the Big Bang?

Brian30024

We know that a Big Bang happened, but how did it happen. Nobody really knows, but I will hypothesize one idea. My idea is that we were created by another universe with a black hole and any universe with a black hole can create another universe. So, how is it possible that a black hole can create another universe? Let’s begin on how a black hole is created. A Black Hole is created when a heavy star, more than 25 times heavier than the Sun, has no means to withstand its own gravity as it dies; collapsing into a black hole. So, now how can a black hole create another universe? If the weight of the heavy remnats of the star, causes the time space fabric to cave in, for millions of light years until the time-space fabric becomes too weak to support the mass of the dieing star plus other remnats sucked up by the black hole, eventually breaks, a Big Bang would result! So when we see the death of a black hole, a new universe has been created. All new universes keeping within it’s own domain as a slice of bread in a loaf.

Just a hypothesis. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Brian Boyle

Brian.boyle@juno.com

Total time dilation as absolute gravitation is reached seems, imo, to correspond to a singularity from which absolute spacetime expansion can be emitted. This is purely physics-based intuition. Why shouldn't a state that compresses all time into a single moment also be visible as a point of emission for all spacetime of a given universe? Everything in one moment = everything in all moments from another vantage point, no?

...My idea is that we were created by another universe with a black hole and any universe with a black hole can create another universe...

You are to late, Lee Smolin already suggested the Fecund universes theory 1992 and it was falsified by his own criteria 2010.

The fecund universes theory (also called cosmological natural selection theory) of cosmology advanced by Lee Smolin suggests that a process analogous to biological natural selection applies at the grandest scales. Smolin summarized the idea in a book aimed at a lay audience called The Life of the Cosmos.

The theory surmises that a collapsing black hole causes the emergence of a new universe on the "other side", whose fundamental constant parameters (speed of light, Planck length and so forth) may differ slightly from those of the universe where the black hole collapsed. Each universe therefore gives rise to as many new universes as it has black holes. Thus the theory contains the evolutionary ideas of "reproduction" and "mutation" of universes, but has no direct analogue of natural selection. However, given any universe that can produce black holes that successfully spawn new universes, it is possible that some number of those universes will reach heat death with unsuccessful parameters. So, in a sense, fecundity cosmological natural selection is one where universes could die off before successfully reproducing, just as any biological being can die without having offspring.

When Smolin published the theory in 1992, he proposed as a prediction of his theory that no neutron star should exist with a mass of more than 1.6 times the mass of the sun. If a more massive neutron star was ever observed, it would show that our universe's natural laws were not tuned for maximum black hole production, because the mass of the strange quark could be retuned to lower the mass threshold for production of a black hole. A 2-solar-mass pulsar was discovered in 2010, so that cosmological natural selection has been falsified according to Smolin's own criteria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fecund_universes#Fecund_universes

Edited by Spyman

We know that a Big Bang happened, but how did it happen. Nobody really knows, but I will hypothesize one idea. My idea is that we were created by another universe with a black hole and any universe with a black hole can create another universe. So, how is it possible that a black hole can create another universe? Let’s begin on how a black hole is created. A Black Hole is created when a heavy star, more than 25 times heavier than the Sun, has no means to withstand its own gravity as it dies; collapsing into a black hole. So, now how can a black hole create another universe? If the weight of the heavy remnats of the star, causes the time space fabric to cave in, for millions of light years until the time-space fabric becomes too weak to support the mass of the dieing star plus other remnats sucked up by the black hole, eventually breaks, a Big Bang would result! So when we see the death of a black hole, a new universe has been created. All new universes keeping within it’s own domain as a slice of bread in a loaf.

Just a hypothesis. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Brian Boyle

Brian.boyle@juno.com

[update: Just re-read your thread more carefully and the death of a black hole spawning a universe is very different than my idea...]

This is similar to my idea that the Universe, or the local universe we exist in, is a jet. Analogous to the polar jet of a black hole. The matter in the Universe can not account for the directionality of the galaxy clusters in the following:

'Mysterious Cosmic 'Dark Flow' Tracked Deeper into Universe'

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/news/releases/2010/10-023.html

'The clusters appear to be moving along a line extending from our solar system toward Centaurus/Hydra, but the direction of this motion is less certain. Evidence indicates that the clusters are headed outward along this path, away from Earth, but the team cannot yet rule out the opposite flow. "We detect motion along this axis, but right now our data cannot state as strongly as we'd like whether the clusters are coming or going," Kashlinsky said.'

The article speculates it is some external mass pulling on the galaxy clusters.

I think the clusters are headed along this path because the Universe is, or the local Universe we exist in is, a jet. Analogous to the polar jet of a black hole.

There does not have to be a 'big bang' associated with this idea. If, as far as we are able to determine, the Universe always existed in this state it would still look like a 'big bang' because materials are continually being emitted into and expanding away from the Universal jet emission point.

Think of the image in the following as part of an ongoing process:

http://aether.lbl.gov/image_all.html

Edited by mpc755

You are to late, Lee Smolin already suggested the Fecund universes theory 1992 and it was falsified by his own criteria 2010.

The fecund universes theory (also called cosmological natural selection theory) of cosmology advanced by Lee Smolin suggests that a process analogous to biological natural selection applies at the grandest scales. Smolin summarized the idea in a book aimed at a lay audience called The Life of the Cosmos.

The theory surmises that a collapsing black hole causes the emergence of a new universe on the "other side", whose fundamental constant parameters (speed of light, Planck length and so forth) may differ slightly from those of the universe where the black hole collapsed. Each universe therefore gives rise to as many new universes as it has black holes. Thus the theory contains the evolutionary ideas of "reproduction" and "mutation" of universes, but has no direct analogue of natural selection. However, given any universe that can produce black holes that successfully spawn new universes, it is possible that some number of those universes will reach heat death with unsuccessful parameters. So, in a sense, fecundity cosmological natural selection is one where universes could die off before successfully reproducing, just as any biological being can die without having offspring.

When Smolin published the theory in 1992, he proposed as a prediction of his theory that no neutron star should exist with a mass of more than 1.6 times the mass of the sun. If a more massive neutron star was ever observed, it would show that our universe's natural laws were not tuned for maximum black hole production, because the mass of the strange quark could be retuned to lower the mass threshold for production of a black hole. A 2-solar-mass pulsar was discovered in 2010, so that cosmological natural selection has been falsified according to Smolin's own criteria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fecund_universes#Fecund_universes

Where was the Big bang in this Theory?

[update: Just re-read your thread more carefully and the death of a black hole spawning a universe is very different than my idea...]

This is similar to my idea that the Universe, or the local universe we exist in, is a jet.

!

Moderator Note

Your ideas belong in your threads, not as responses to others'. The rules are clear on this.

Where was the Big bang in this Theory?

AFAIK, when matter collapses into a Black Hole a wormhole is formed and a new Universe is created with a Big Bang on the other side of it.

Our Big Bang is therefore thought to be located inside a Black Hole in another parent Universe.

AFAIK, when matter collapses into a Black Hole a wormhole is formed and a new Universe is created with a Big Bang on the other side of it.

Our Big Bang is therefore thought to be located inside a Black Hole in another parent Universe.

How does Hawking radiation factor in with this theory? if we are radiating energy into our parent universe, how would we detect that?

hmmm... I see a cool parallel between hawking radiation and dark energy... As our universe gets bigger, the black hole in our parent universe is getting smaller. As the BH gets smaller it radiates energy faster and faster which means the black hole gets smaller faster over time... just like our universe is getting bigger faster (accelerating expansion). But the mass/energy from our end is just spreading out, not disappearing... just some thoughts.

But the BB happened 13 billion years ago, it is supposed to be an instantanate event, not something that happens continuously, and the black holes are just there, continuously. Or do I miss something?

How does Hawking radiation factor in with this theory? if we are radiating energy into our parent universe, how would we detect that?

hmmm... I see a cool parallel between hawking radiation and dark energy... As our universe gets bigger, the black hole in our parent universe is getting smaller. As the BH gets smaller it radiates energy faster and faster which means the black hole gets smaller faster over time... just like our universe is getting bigger faster (accelerating expansion). But the mass/energy from our end is just spreading out, not disappearing... just some thoughts.

In the original ide by Smolin I don't think the Universes where physically connected by the wormhole, both the parent and the child could be infinite, the only thing passed on was slightly modified laws of nature.

Other more recent models have it the other way around, our Universe expands because the Black Hole is feeding and growing.

Recent speculations

A more recently proposed view of black holes might be interpreted as shedding some light on the nature of classical white holes. Some researchers proposed that when a black hole forms, a big bang occurs at the core, which creates a new universe that expands outside of the parent universe. See also Fecund universes.

The initial feeding of matter from the parent universe's black hole and the expansion that follows in the new universe might be thought of as a cosmological type of white hole. Unlike traditional white holes, this type of white hole would not be localized in space in the new universe, and its horizon would have to be identified with the cosmological horizon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_hole

But the BB happened 13 billion years ago, it is supposed to be an instantanate event, not something that happens continuously, and the black holes are just there, continuously. Or do I miss something?

Michel you where born several years ago, your birth was a short event, not something that happens continuously, and yet you are still there...

The formation of an Event Horizon or a wormhole is very short but the following duration afterwards could be very long, according to our timescale the Black Hole containing our Universe would have formed ~14 billion years ago and our Universe is still here, developing and aging.

Whether the child Universes gets destroyed or if only the wormhole connecting them vanishes when the Black Holes evaporates, I don't know, but compared to the timescale our Universe has existed so far, our Black Holes will prevail much longer and a blink inside is an eternity outside.

Edited by Spyman