What use will cloned humans serve??

Guest lilbabynushi

Are cloned humans going to be of any practical use??  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are cloned humans going to be of any practical use??

• Yes.
    • No
    • Can't say

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cloning can be most useful if it is used for real purpose. For example. If you needed a heart transplant. Your clone can provide you with a heart that you won't reject,,cause it's yours,,you've been cloned. BUT,,the moral implication is then that you must kill your clone to have it,and that is murder because your clone is a living being. Therefore this could help humans evolve to a certain point. We could evolve to have it socially acceptable to clone ourselves for the purpose of self preservation by using our clones for organ doning. Or we can avoid evolving into that social standing by hanging onto that fact that our clone is alive and killing it for organs is Murder. Or, we can make our clones without heads so that they are already "braindead" and not have to worry about any moral obligations outside that of religiouse implications.

hah gant. That's pretty disturbing actually. I don't think clones would be that big a deal in most cases. They'll have the same rights as other humans so they will be similar to the original, but they'll have their own identity. Actually i think we should start cloning people to discover more about what an individual has the possibility to do, and what ranges of different personalities will result from the same genome exposed to different conditions. I'd like to use it to disproove the bullshit that people are born introverted or extroverted. Maybe there is a gene that promotes tendancy to fall into one path, but i believe with propper parental nourishment is the ultimate factor in which way a person grows. And i refuse to believe that i am doomed to be anti-social, for one thing i'm a lot less introverted than i was when i was younger and i'm convinced its just psychological, and that if parents do a good job of loving the child during the crucial imprinting years--- that everyone will grow up to be healthy, balanced, beautiful and happy. (that is deliberately a stupid statement, but on the otherhand, you see what i mean. and being happy IS a good thing).

Also i don't think clones will be to rampant, cause who wants to skip over sex? NOT ME! i'm gonna make my babies the old fashon way provided by evolution. Love making will NEVER go extinct.