Deletion of Attachments from Posts !

I was unfortunate enough to be managing my personal settings one day , :rolleyes: , when I thought it might be efficient to delete the attachments in the 10 MB memory area :( . This was mainly because 10 MB could be filled quite easily , so it would be good to keep it clear :D . Later , I realised that all attachments on posts had been deleted :angry: .

Would it be a good idea to be able to delete from personal settings whilst keeping post attachments ? :mellow:

10 MB also seems like an amount of memory based on a time long gone ! Is it time to use 100 MB ? ;)

We must progress ! :P We need technological advancement ! :rolleyes:

Edited by hal_2011

The personal settings page merely lists all of your attachments on posts -- they are not separate. It doesn't make sense for you to delete a file from your settings but still have it attached to your posts.

I'd like to increase the upload limit, but we currently are running out of disk space. I think we'll be upgrading to larger disks soon.

What? SFN will be entering the 21st century as well?

Actually, since some of the best ideas from the Speculations forum worked out so well, we'll be entering the 21st century backwards, from our headquarters in the 24th century. Attachments don't exist in that when so we won't be having to never not fix the system now back then.

Actually, since some of the best ideas from the Speculations forum worked out so well, we'll be entering the 21st century backwards, from our headquarters in the 24th century. Attachments don't exist in that when so we won't be having to never not fix the system now back then.

Don't bother trying to find the posts though. An accident "met" with all of the grandfathers, so those posts never existed, as far as you know.