Flowation Theory!

infiitesoliduk

Well, there's your problem. They're mathematically equivalent. To stop it from flying off, it has to apply a force -- it's pulling on the weight to keep it moving in a circle. That's exactly what gravity does.

a string is not a force its just that it is solid. If it was elastic and spun then it would contain force.

a string is not a force its just that it is solid. If it was elastic and spun then it would contain force.

No. You can feel the string pulling on your hand. That's a force.

Suppose I tie a string to a large rock and pull on it, moving the rock. Is the string applying a force to the rock to make it move?

No. You can feel the string pulling on your hand. That's a force.

Suppose I tie a string to a large rock and pull on it, moving the rock. Is the string applying a force to the rock to make it move?

Thats a drag not a "pull". the string is solid it contains no energy unlike and elastic

There is no force in a string.

Edited by infiitesoliduk

No.

In that case, you don't have

it is taut but its not pulling like gravity, it's just stopping it from flying off, that's the difference.

Can you make an explicit statement of the difference?

In physics, a force is applied at any time when an object accelerates. Therefore, gravity is a force, and the string is a force. And forces have been mathematically analyzed.

=Uncool-

First do we have to seperate force from energy?

the rock moved because it was tied. the sring is solid. it contains no erergy or force as such...

I'm going to be nice.

You are taking a jaunt down Crackpot Alley.

That was nice. I could have been much, much meaner. (I have been much, much meaner to PhDs who took a jaunt down Crackpot Alley.)

A satellite, and the Moon, are orbiting because they are falling all the time. A force that is normal to the velocity vector does not change the magnitude of the velocity vector. It instead changes the direction of the velocity vector. This is high school / freshman mathematics. It really would behoove you to learn physics and mathematics.

I'm going to be nice.

You are taking a jaunt down Crackpot Alley.

That was nice. I could have been much, much meaner. (I have been much, much meaner to PhDs who took a jaunt down Crackpot Alley.)

A satellite, and the Moon, are orbiting because they are falling all the time. A force that is normal to the velocity vector does not change the magnitude of the velocity vector. It instead changes the direction of the velocity vector. This is high school / freshman mathematics. It really would behoove you to learn physics and mathematics.

Thank you so much sir, your niceness is well kind.

The problem with your math and physics is it all falls apart.

when the earth goes around the sun, that would effect how the moon goes around the earth.

Have you a computer model simulating gravity in space?Or is the problem of timeframe stopping such a program from existing?

Edited by infiitesoliduk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.