Mathematical Probability suggests eternal life?

Dean Mullen

If you went back to the birth of the Universe what is the odds you would exist? well you would have to factorize in countless events and at the start of the universe you need billions of atomic events to go your way, if you moved an atom slightly in another direction at the birth of the Universe, that would be so dramatic and changing to the present, the milky way may not event exist. And the odds of you existing from the start of the Universe is huge, well more beyond the odds of winning the lotto:

Some of the factors in the odds of you being born is (Odds of Universe being born x Odds of Milky Way forming x Odds of Sun forming x Odds of Earth forming x Odds of Life forming on Earth x Odds of dinosaurs going extinct x Odds of humans evolving into a civilization x Odds of humanity keeping stable for long enough x Odds of your great grand parents having children at the right time and the right sperms meeting the egg (and the same event for your grand parents & parents) = X

X is the odds of you being born, and only with those factors it is beyond 1 in the billions!

At these odds, it makes it clear how unlikely it was for me, your or any human to be born at all. I think the best way to shorten these odds to more feasible odds is you live more than once thus it is not so rare that you are alive.

And if you go before the birth of universe and realize there is no beginning to the multiverse, you can go back to Infinity B.C. in the multiverse, then the odds of you being born with one life is Infinity/1 and that makes the odds of you being born well nearly impossible, although there is still one chance, I don't think anyone could honestly defy Infinity/1! So the only way to explain this realization is life lasting infinity years aka eternal life, although I cannot see too much scientific evidence of the after life, I cannot see anyway around this mathematical probability evidence.

If you went back to the birth of the Universe what is the odds you would exist? well you would have to factorize in countless events and at the start of the universe you need billions of atomic events to go your way, if you moved an atom slightly in another direction at the birth of the Universe, that would be so dramatic and changing to the present, the milky way may not event exist. And the odds of you existing from the start of the Universe is huge, well more beyond the odds of winning the lotto

False

Probability of me being born=1

And if you go before the birth of universe and realize there is no beginning to the multiverse, you can go back to Infinity B.C. in the multiverse, then the odds of you being born with one life is Infinity/1 and that makes the odds of you being born well nearly impossible, although there is still one chance, I don't think anyone could honestly defy Infinity/1! So the only way to explain this realization is life lasting infinity years aka eternal life, although I cannot see too much scientific evidence of the after life, I cannot see anyway around this mathematical probability evidence.

Incorrect. In fact....not only is your premise bizarre and illogical, your conclusion does not follow from it.

In short, the universe is not a mega-series of probabilistic events. Matter follows certain laws (ie the Laws of Physics) and is not a game of chance.

For example, just because one does not know the computational processes of a particular algorithm, it doesn't mean that the outputs of the algorithm are random.

I have read through this thread and can't really see what point is being made. Certainly if you could go back to the early universe and predict that TonyMcC would come into existence in 1937 the odds against you being correct would be huge. I am happy with the idea that the laws of science allow for certain random actions to occur and the odds might even be infinite. But whatever the imagined odds, I am here. The odds are immaterial because no forecast was ever made. Starting from today, I might forecast that someone called Billy Blogs would be born in 9, Acacia Avenue in a village called Whatnonsense in 15632 and trigger events that will cause the unverse to collapse. I don't know what the odds against this are - and I don't see it has any bearing on whether I shall enjoy an afterlife or whether I am presently on one of several consecutive lives.

Edited by TonyMcC

I have read through this thread and can't really see what point is being made. Certainly if you could go back to the early universe and predict that TonyMcC would come into existence in 1937 the odds against you being correct would be huge. I am happy with the idea that the laws of science allow for certain random actions to occur and the odds might even be infinite. But whatever the imagined odds, I am here. The odds are immaterial because no forecast was ever made. Starting from today, I might forecast that someone called Billy Blogs would be born in 9, Acacia Avenue in a village called Whatnonsense in 15632 and trigger events that will cause the universe to collapse. I don't know what the odds against this are - and I don't see it has any bearing on whether I shall enjoy an afterlife or whether I am presently on one of several consecutive lives.

It sounds like your suggesting that pre-determination exists, because you act like every event must follow the laws of physics exactly, but people don't have to follow what space & time does to them completely, we can decide if we want to go left or right, so not every event is fully pre-determined at least not the events that are effected by consciousness unless your suggesting we cannot somehow decide and every bit of free will is an illusion which may be true, but if not then the odds of one being born just once is highly unlikely, it doesn't make it impossible, but you should just realize that what we see is not all that there is, like just one life is kind of hard to believe for me because, why one? why not two, three, four, five, and the only evidence against some form of life after death is we haven't seen observational evidence of it, but of course scientists don't believe in it one bit, so they just ignore performing these experiments then argue no one has observational evidence of it simply because they don't themselves.

I know it sounds hard to believe because such concepts are constantly ridiculed as religious fools ideas, but I am not religious, but the idea of me being consciously aware of reality for just one period of time and that period of time being now of all times seems too irrational for me to comprehend, it is hard for you to believe in the after life I know but the mathematical probabilities suggest that if there is one life it was unlikely.

1. It is unlikely for me to exist at all

2. It is unlikely that the time I would exist would be now or/and it is unlikely that I would be alive now and if I wasn't alive now then I wouldn't be alive

3. It is unlikely for just one life among all the countless numbers on the number-line why just 1?

4. If one's consciousness can be created, then destroyed why not re-created?

Do you understand my theory?

It sounds like your suggesting that pre-determination exists, because you act like every event must follow the laws of physics exactly, but people don't have to follow what space & time does to them completely, we can decide if we want to go left or right,

Decisions come from the brain, which is made up of cells, which are made up of molecules. These molecules follow the laws of physics. This the cells, our brain and our "decisions" are all based on a set of immutable laws.

the odds of one being born just once is highly unlikely, it doesn't make it impossible, but you should just realize that what we see is not all that there is, like just one life is kind of hard to believe for me because, why one? why not two, three, four, five,
Because of entropy. Overall, order tends towards chaos. Everything has to die as the universe cools down and spreads out.
and the only evidence against some form of life after death is we haven't seen observational evidence of it, but of course scientists don't believe in it one bit, so they just ignore performing these experiments then argue no one has observational evidence of it simply because they don't themselves.
The problem isn't evidence against it, the problem is that there is zero evidence for it. Why make up fairy tales not based in reality and pretend they're true?

1. It is unlikely for me to exist at all

2. It is unlikely that the time I would exist would be now or/and it is unlikely that I would be alive now and if I wasn't alive now then I wouldn't be alive

3. It is unlikely for just one life among all the countless numbers on the number-line why just 1?

4. If one's consciousness can be created, then destroyed why not re-created?

1. False. Probability of you existing=1

2. Probability of you being alive=1 And yes, if you aren;t alive, then you wouldn't be alive.....that is tautologically correct.

3. Entropy.

4. If it were "re-created", then it would be a new consciousness. therefore not yours.

Do you understand my theory?

It is not a "theory", it's a "notion".

Decisions come from the brain, which is made up of cells, which are made up of molecules. These molecules follow the laws of physics. This the cells, our brain and our "decisions" are all based on a set of immutable laws.

Because of entropy. Overall, order tends towards chaos. Everything has to die as the universe cools down and spreads out.

The problem isn't evidence against it, the problem is that there is zero evidence for it. Why make up fairy tales not based in reality and pretend they're true?

1. False. Probability of you existing=1

2. Probability of you being alive=1 And yes, if you aren;t alive, then you wouldn't be alive.....that is tautologically correct.

3. Entropy.

4. If it were "re-created", then it would be a new consciousness. therefore not yours.

It is not a "theory", it's a "notion".

How can life be just a once off thing because if there is time before & after my life then the odds of now being the time I am conscious would be unlikely, and in the billions which I refuse to accept as feasible to believe. Although now is always going to be now I am basing on the concept of all time and amount of times one could exist.

How can life be just a once off thing because if there is time before & after my life then the odds of now being the time I am conscious would be unlikely, and in the billions which I refuse to accept as feasible to believe. Although now is always going to be now I am basing on the concept of all time and amount of times one could exist.

Probability of you=1

Probability od me=1

I see nothing as being unlikely. Everything that has happened has a 100% of happening.