measurable shortest time?

alpha2cen

What about it? Nobody has come close to measuring that.

Haven't scientists measured like 10^-43 seconds after the big bang? They measured something around that timeframe, or at least claimed somethign to have happened in that time frame like one of the four forces separating.

Edited by steevey

Haven't scientists measured like 10^-43 seconds after the big bang? They measured something around that timeframe, or at least claimed somethign to have happened in that time frame like one of the four forces separating.

I have heard about detection of very high energy cosmic ray, but not heard about 10^-43 seconds detection.

Do you have any good literature about it?

High energy cosmic ray, according to my supposition, is only energy detection, not wave detection.

Pulse distance of the ottosecond electromagnetic wave is only 3A.

They have achieved collision energies that were present some short time after the big bang. That's not a measurement of an interval.

They have achieved collision energies that were present some short time after the big bang. That's not a measurement of an interval.

No, it wasn't that. I specifically heard something about the big bang where someone calculated something happening in 10^-43 seconds, and I'm pretty sure it was either the formation of heavy particles or one of the forces separating.

No, it wasn't that. I specifically heard something about the big bang where someone calculated something happening in 10^-43 seconds, and I'm pretty sure it was either the formation of heavy particles or one of the forces separating.

That would be a calculation of the cooling from expansion. A calculation.

If you think about a decimal and how the following digits can go on forever, it makes me curious as to where slow an object can travel. Like if a person walked from point A to point B, which was 10 feet, in 3 seconds, what is the slowest amount of time he could get there in? Theoretically, couldn't he get there in 10seconds, 10 minutes, 10 days, or 10 years, and wouldn't that go on forever? I am honestly just curious.

If you think about a decimal and how the following digits can go on forever, it makes me curious as to where slow an object can travel. Like if a person walked from point A to point B, which was 10 feet, in 3 seconds, what is the slowest amount of time he could get there in? Theoretically, couldn't he get there in 10seconds, 10 minutes, 10 days, or 10 years, and wouldn't that go on forever? I am honestly just curious.

Well, in mathematics, there are decimals which go on forever such as e or Pi. But, I don't think those describe the physical appearances in reality. I never walk infinitely close to a mile; I either don't walk a mile or I do walk a mile.

But otherwise theoretically in quantum mechanics, time moves along increments of Planck time, which also doesn't make sense to me because Planck length (which is what Planck time is derived from) only describes the movement of a single particle, a proton, at the singular speed of c. There are things which are predicted to be smaller than a Planck length and we don't even know with 100% certainty that light is the limit of speed in the universe.

Edited by steevey

I have heard that measured very strong cosmic-ray energy is about 3x1020eV.

The energy can be calculated from this equation.

T=1/(E/h) =1/{[ ( 3x1020eV )( 1.6x10-19J/eV)]/ 6.6x10-34J.s}=1.4x10-35s

T; period

E; energy

h; Planck constant

Edited by alpha2cen