aluminium powder

Guest nuttyman2

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill get you a link if you want but when i was looking to buy some over the internet sadly to say unsuccesfully i found loads of firework shops that sell them you can buy pitbull titanium salutes red devil m-80's m-100's, or there own brand of salute's and these were just a few, and my serch was unsuccessful because they would not ship to england damn yanks

m-80's were banned in the 70's i believe...there is also no reason for the name M-80, its just a military 80. lol. they were used in the 30's and 40's in the military to create a distraction(since they sound EXACTLY like gun fire) they would throw a bunch of them and then run away, when they went off, the germans would start firing at them and the americans would run up the other side and kill them all!! muhahahaha.

oh, alum is hazmat, thats why it has to go ground.

the only "M-80's" and "M-100s" you can buy here in america are very weak and contain less than 2 grains of chemicals, which is hardly anything. They are basicially a small firecracker cast inside of some plaster in a cardboard tube, the explosion of the plaster makes the noise louder but they still suck! plus you cant even buy them in most states. Real M-80s were banned in the '60s and are very illegal.

alu like Zr an Mg and few others are what`s known as Pyrophoric materials when in a fine dust like form, even a drop of water can cause ignition, the oxygen in the air does the rest. in small quantities it`s practicaly harmless, but half a pound or so of it, under the right conditions could easily cause a fire!

caustic, i hope you mean 2 "grains", 130milligrams. thats the legal limit for firecrackers in america. m-100 is just a name. it means nothing, just like m-80. REAL m-80's contain anywhere from 3 grams-9 grams of flashpowder 3 grams is 45 grains, the limit is 2 grains...that shows you how powerfull these things are..m-80's are typically 1 1/3 inch long and a half inch wide with a fuse out the SIDE, however, imitators find it easier to stuff it through the end and then cap it.

those firecrackers cannot have more than 50mg or 130mg i forget of flashpowder in them. EVERY firecracker on the market has 50-130mg of flashpowder in them, the limit in america. if they have 1mg more, then they are illegal. aerial displays are allowed a little more i think. some fireworks companies, like phantom, market big firecrackers, that look like an m-80, but they have only as much power as the most powerful allowable crackers available in bricks. its a huge misconception. another misconception is people say that m-80's are 1/8th sticks of dynamite or something...1/4 sticks or some crap. thats total bull. a stick of dynamite is like...hundreds of times more powerful than an m-80. and dynamite sends a shockwave regardless if its contained in a paper tube or not. whereas, flashpowder would need around 20grams in an open atmosphere to detonate. it could be more, but im not sure.

Yeah, flash powder can be "dead pressed" if that's the correct term. :<

And the sound that comes from the "m-80" is just the container cracking open, and even though some of them are quite powerful, they can't match dynamite in any respect (except maybe for the sound).

right YT, however, it can be self contained deflagration, which can create a shockwave, because it still burns fast enough to self contain itself in a large pile. but again, thats just like the cardboard tube bursting, its the flashpowder covering the inside that contains the deflagration.

lol, indeed. however, explosives are usefull in a lot of applications other than blowing people up. they are avalanche busters, they demolish buildings in a controlled fashion(when done by professionsals) they provide lots of enjoyment on the 4th of july...they are also being used to develop new rocket fuels. NASA announced that they are testing candle wax rockets. they use candle wax as a fuel and oxygen as an oxidiser(i believe). im not talking about high explosives, im talking about combustable mixtures in general. lol. before everyone starts saying...oh, so you're saying they're gonna use comp 4 in the shuttle booster? no. lol.

LOL, I rem seeing that silicon demo LIVE on tv News chan about a year ago, holy crap that stuff`s got some power in it!

and the surprising part was the the same stuff (silicon type) is used in your average PC too :))

kinda makes you wonder how long these chumps that want to make their own Liquid Nitrogen cooling systems are gunna last :)