Bush on Bill O'Reilly

Pangloss

"MoveOn.org" is a pathetically far left wing web site. Anything they say can be taken with a grain salt.

Seriously' date=' watch Fox News, then judge for yourself.[/quote']The clip is actually from the movie "Out Foxed", it's about how horribly biased Fox news is (Well, Rupert more specifically).

Fox makes a living out of being conservative propaganda machine.

The clip is actually from the movie "Out Foxed"' date=' it's about how horribly biased Fox news is (Well, Rupert more specifically).

Fox makes a living out of being conservative propaganda machine.[/quote']

Well LuTze, that's your opinion, I can respect that.

Would you say that CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN and PBS are "fair and balanced ?"

I think Fox is a bit to the right myself; some of it's people more than others. I've noticed that most folks who think that Fox is *extremely* biased are extremely biased themselves, and quote sources that are so far to the extreme left that most slightly-left folks would have serious qualms about citing them (Moveon, Democratic Underground, Al Franken, Michael Moore, etc etc etc). I've talked to very few people who actually think that who are middle of the road/open-minded themselves.

The power of what Fox is doing is not that it offers a conservative viewpoint, but that it offers a *different* viewpoint. Don't get me wrong, I think most journalists *try* to be objective (I agree with Bernard Goldberg in "Bias" -- they're not trying to present a liberal agenda, it's subconscious). But the fact that Fox puts up a different viewpoint, and is slamming the other cable networks in ratings, has a huge impact on the business. Much more so than the conservative radio talk show phenom, which can be just pawned off as entertainment.

Fox has a vested interest in presenting itself as fair and balanced. Everybody knows they're a bit conservative -- but if they go over the top, if *moderates* become convinced that Fox espouses a far-right agenda, then *everyone* stops watching. They have a serious, important interest in reaching that middle ground.

What's gold about that is that because of that bastion mentality, because of the pressure put on Fox to not succumb to far-right bias, they go out of their way (*WAY* out of their way) to show both sides of anything they talk about. They have more left-wing analysts than right-wing analysts on their payroll, for example.

I've heard plenty of valid concerns raised about Fox over the years, but nothing that can't be levelled equally at the other major networks. You have to take everything you hear with a grain of salt these days, no matter what the source.

More choice, more competition, is almost always a good thing.

Anne Coulter, probably the most right wing venomous author in the USA today.....Al Franken has some good bits about him in 'Lies and The Lying Liars who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at The Right".
lol. You should probably mention something along the lines "Al Franken, probably the most left wing venomous author in the USA today.", just to be fair.

I've noticed that most folks who think that Fox is *extremely* biased are extremely biased themselves, and quote sources that are so far to the extreme left that most slightly-left folks would have serious qualms about citing them (Moveon, Democratic Underground, Al Franken, Michael Moore, etc etc etc).
Because it needed to be said again.

Annie: "Invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity"
Looks like the U.S. and the U.K. took Anne's advice on #1 and #2, and as to #3; they need some sort of hobby other than slaughtering infidels. (can't remember who said that)

The difference between Fox News commentators like Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity and liberal media anchors like Dan Rather is that Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity will glady tell you where they stand and why. That's their job. They're commentators. They comment on things, you know? They are not pretending to be something they're not.

Fox makes a living out of being conservative propaganda machine.
Apply the same standards to any news station and see what happens. Heck, we've got CBS openly using forged documents and ignoring the advice of two seperate experts so they could air the piece anyways. Then we've got the old Katie Couric challenge in which you can mute the TV and tell whether it's a liberal or conservative she's interviewing by the expressions on her face. The american media is overwhemingly and obviously liberal, and yet no one is whining and moaning about that. Not a rant against you or anything, just a general observation.

The american media is overwhemingly and obviously liberal, and yet no one is whining and moaning about that. Not a rant against you or anything, just a general observation.

This is all I've heard on talk radio for years. Rush Limbaugh made a career out of this complaint.

At least you can see and hear them. The lobbyists in the background are the ones to be concerned about.

John' date=' do a google on "Bias bernard goldberg" He worked for CBS.

Or, click here for a little info.

http://www.harpercollins.com/catalog/book_essay_xml.asp?isbn=0060520841[/quote']

I'm not saying the media isn't liberal or not biased. I'm saying people have been complaining for years now. There seems to be alot of conservative media and they are VERY biased - happy about it. I think this isn't a problem anymore. GET OVER IT.

I'm not saying the media isn't liberal or not biased. I'm saying people have been complaining for years now. There seems to be alot of conservative media and they are VERY biased - happy about it. I think this isn't a problem anymore. GET OVER IT.

GET OVER IT???. Anchor men like Dan Rather trying to influence an election by reading forged documents.......then claiming that even if they were forged, the contents were still true. Do you actually vote???

Anyway, part 2 out of part (N) of O'reilly's interview with the Prez is on fox news tonight. Check your local listings. Don't tell me that you're not going to watch it, 'cause I don't care.