Underwater Suspension Tunnels

Cyclonebuster

• 6 months later...

The mathematical explanation you're looking for is called "Bernoulli's law" or "Bernoulli's principle".

Correct and also Pascals law of hydraulics is also involved:

http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/k-12/WindTunnel/Activities/Pascals_principle.html

As well as conservation of mass energy:

http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/airplane/mass.html

Cyclonebuster, first you ask how the videos can be explained mathematically.

Then I answer the question.

And then you respond by saying "correct"??

What is this? A test? You switch from being the one who asks the question to the one who approves of the answer... it's a little strange.

Anyway, I already have a masters in engineering - I do not need to take tests anymore. :)

Now I'm slightly confused with the topic of the thread. Do you just want to advertise your youtube videos?

Cyclonebuster, first you ask how the videos can be explained mathematically.

Then I answer the question.

And then you respond by saying "correct"??

What is this? A test? You switch from being the one who asks the question to the one who approves of the answer... it's a little strange.

Anyway, I already have a masters in engineering - I do not need to take tests anymore. :)

Now I'm slightly confused with the topic of the thread. Do you just want to advertise your youtube videos?

Negative. I just want to show the world how to cool our planet back off to what it was prior to the industrial revolution if we feel the need to do so.

Edited by Cyclonebuster

Negative. I just want to show the world how to cool our planet back off to what it was prior to the industrial revolution if we feel the need to do so.

Then why didn't you say that until post #10?

Anyway, you cannot cool the planet by using the gulf stream to move cold water to the top of the ocean (if that's the plan). What would happen to the bottom of the ocean? (Hint: it heats up). And that completely ruins the gulf stream which powers your contraption in the first place.

Edited by CaptainPanic

Then why didn't you say that until post #10?

Anyway, you cannot cool the planet by pumping cold water to the top of the ocean (if that's the plan). What would happen to the bottom of the ocean? (Hint: it heats up). And that completely ruins the gulf stream which powers your contraption in the first place.

Nope! It won't heat up because heat rises.Why do you think the ocean bottom is so cool to begin with? It isn't only because the sun doesn't penetrate that deep.Also,they allow for more heat to radiate back to space.

If you move cold water up, warm water must go down, yes?

The warmest water is at the top already... so radiation back to space is already at its maximum in the current situation. If you move cold water up, you reduce radiation, and you heat up the lower parts of the ocean.

If you move cold water up, warm water must go down, yes?

The warmest water is at the top already... so radiation back to space is already at its maximum in the current situation. If you move cold water up, you reduce radiation, and you heat up the lower parts of the ocean.

They only move colder water from 1200 feet to mix at the surface so the water that is deeper than that stays as cold as we all know that heat rises. Radiation may be reduced but more of it can get out to space because you cooled the oceans surface with them which will cause less water vapor to form allowing more radiative heat to escape.Not as much heat will get trapped by the number one greenhouse gas which is water vapor thus allowing the planet cool again.They also remove other greenhouse gasses such as Co2,Methane and Nitrous oxide since they eliminate the fossil fuels that we burn for electrical power. They can produce an enormous amount hydro electrical power from the Kinetic Energy in the flowing 6mph current of the Gulfstream.

OTEC combined with Gulf stream. Yes for energy production. I doubt about global climate influence.

Correct the Tunnels can also be combined with OTEC.

Just have the colder waters exiting the tunnels flow over OTEC condensers.

Edited by Cyclonebuster

They only move colder water from 1200 feet to mix at the surface so the water that is deeper than that stays as cold as we all know that heat rises. Radiation may be reduced but more of it can get out to space because you cooled the oceans surface with them which will cause less water vapor to form allowing more radiative heat to escape.Not as much heat will get trapped by the number one greenhouse gas which is water vapor thus allowing the planet cool again.They also remove other greenhouse gasses such as Co2,Methane and Nitrous oxide since they eliminate the fossil fuels that we burn for electrical power. They can produce an enormous amount hydro electrical power from the Kinetic Energy in the flowing 6mph current of the Gulfstream.

Sorry if I sound skeptical, but climate scientists have been trying to build models to predict the effect of greenhouse gases, ocean currents, etc. for quite a few years, but there is still a huge debate about it.

And you just come in, present your video, say you will adjust pretty much ALL the parameters in the climate, and say you can predict that it will be better?

I'd like to see some proper calculations by this point. Models. Publications. Not just a youtube video. Your claim is WAY too big for just that video.

as we all know that heat rises

That's a result of laws, but isn't itself a fundamental law of nature and can't be used to supplant one, such as conservation of energy. For example, if you heat water from around 0ºC to 4 ºC, the warm water will sink and the cold water will rise.

That's a result of laws, but isn't itself a fundamental law of nature and can't be used to supplant one, such as conservation of energy. For example, if you heat water from around 0ºC to 4 ºC, the warm water will sink and the cold water will rise.

But then again we are not talking temperatures anywhere near that now are we with the tunnels?

Edited by Cyclonebuster

But then again we are not talking temperatures anywhere near that now are we with the tunnels?

The point is that "heat rises" is the wrong answer, as it ignores the underlying principle being applied. If you force warm surface water down, it will heat the water below the surface. "Heat rises" isn't some magic "get out of thermodynamics free" card.

The point is that "heat rises" is the wrong answer, as it ignores the underlying principle being applied. If you force warm surface water down, it will heat the water below the surface. "Heat rises" isn't some magic "get out of thermodynamics free" card.

They are not forcing warm water down they are mixing cold and warm water near the surface thus lowering the net average temperature of the surface water.

oh there will still be a general movement and you'll be changing the temperature of the water by quite a bit.

especially as you are reducing radiative emission from the surface leading to greater heat retention.

do you not remember the last thread you opened on this where we discussed the infeasibility of this project.