Languages

ydoaPs

Should learning the language of a country be required to be a citizen of it?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should learning the language of a country be required to be a citizen of it?

Who did I offend? Yes I do have the right to offend people. I can say what I want on any media I want.

Nope, you didn't learn anything from your suspension ! Too bad for you. You are just a nasty child who need to be kicked into his ass to learn something !

Or maybe you need a lesson life to learn you need to respect the others to get respect in exchange !

You need to know who you offended ? I felt offended by your stupid posts !

As I already said : GROW UP, CHILD !

I don't think it should be a "requirement" - I think it should be up to the individual concerned, although I do think it should be strongly encouraged. For example, here in Australia we have many instances of some people emigrating here and learning to live and work here (including learning English) and then they have other family members wanting to emigrate here after they have retired from work back in their home country - I don't have a problem with that.

The more international travel I have done - the poorer I consider myself for only knowing the one langauge - although I do know a few phrases in Pitjantjara (an Australian Aboriginal language), Hindi and Spanish. I also know a fair whack of botanical Latin - it can be a bit hard to strike up a converstion in it however! :)