Which Fox News employee would make the best president?

Mr Skeptic

Which Fox News employee would make the best president?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which Fox News employee would make the best president?

• Sarah Palin
    • Newt Gingrich
    • Rick Santorum
    • Mike Huckabee
    • a Fox News employee who isn't running for president
    • a Republican who is not a Fox News employee
    • a Democrat
    • other
    • I like to vote

According to a recent Politico article, 4 of the Republican candidates for President who do not currently hold public office are employed by Fox News, with Mitt Romney being the exception. So the odds are fairly good we'll end up with a Fox News employee as president. So which of them would you prefer, or would you rather someone who isn't employed by Fox?

Note that most of these candidates have an exclusivity agreement with Fox, preventing them from going on another TV network that would actually ask them tough questions. Fox has said that they will terminate their employment when they can't continue pretending to be undecided announce that they are running for president. For now, they are being paid to have airtime in a friendly environment.

Currently the only person, I know of that will run for President, 2012 is the setting President. To predict, who might run, either against Obama (Dem) or as a Republican is premature.

As for Fox News contributors or the many that are "contributors" on any other networks, if they wish to formally announce a run are legally bound to give up those positions. I understand the implied message here, that persons on TV weekly could be doing so, to maintain a connection with the electorate, yet earn an income, however there are today hundreds of ways to do the same and never show up on TV. The big game here in recent months has been promoting those running for Office in 2010.

If you would like a long shot prediction, based on underground gossip at best, I still believe Ms. Clinton will contest Obama, WOULD win if she did and am closely watching Chris Christie in the Republican Camp, who MIGHT be capable of doing what's needed if the Republican have control of Congress in 2012, including the 60 seat Senate. What's throwing confusion into my future outlook, are the results of the 2010 Congressional and how many Governorship/State Legislatures will be Republican.

If the Republicans, do control the House (believe they will), but do not control the Senate (think the final will be 51D-49R), then I agree with Obama "it will be hand to hand combat" and I'm not sure a "freshman Republican House", can handle to the point needed.

States that gain or lose, House memberships by way the 2010 Census, will be redistricting or in some cases population shifts with in a State can bring one on. It's possible for Republicans to win 33/34 States Governorships and IMO redistrict up to 6-8 districts into their camp, for the 2012 elections....

I actually voted for Newt Gingrich at least twice back in the 1980s. He was my congressman -- I lived in his district in suburban Atlanta, and he was one of the first politicians I ever voted for. He wasn't all hooked up with the religious right and the neo-cons back then. I had met him at a science fiction convention in I believe 1983 or 1984, where he sat on a panel discussion on space policy with (I believe) Jerry Pournelle and (I dimly recall) James Oberg. He was very astute and spoke at great length about funding for space programs and science in general, and won me over.

Go figure, right? I wouldn't vote for him today if he were the only Republican running for office anywhere. These days he's so partisan it's just mind-numbing to listen to him talk about anything other than American history. And in fact none of the GOP candidates listed in this poll contain any interest for me whatsoever.

A potential Sarah Palin nomination is just about the only thing keeping my 2012 vote in the Obama camp at the moment.

Honestly, I don't think having so many potential candidates actually working at Fox would help at all with partisanship -- news corporations just love partisanship.

There's still Mitt Romney, and I'm sure that some Republicans currently holding office might also consider running. Then again, I'll just vote for whoever I like because my vote won't count (NY for the Democratic candidate, which will probably be Obama).

I'll just vote for whoever I like because my vote won't count (NY for the Democratic candidate, which will probably be Obama).

Probably, but never underestimate voter anger. If Alvin Green had packed a literal carpet bag (all he could afford?) and taken an AMTRAK train from South Carolina to Massachusetts and lived in a YMCA for four months to establish residency, holding weekly press conferences next to a garbage dump to show off his dance moves and answering questions with one-syllable words, most analysts would still have picked him to beat Scott Brown to take over Ted Kennedy's Senate seat.