Two questons about the higgs boson and supersymmetry

I am not a particle physicist. But as I understand it, the Higgs boson and supersymettry effects should be measurable at predictable energies. If our experiments at those energies do not show the predicted effects then we know that they do not exist, at least in the way be thought they did. Those energies should be achievable in the LHC. So yes, they are falsifiable.

It depends on your definition.

The Higgs boson of the Standard Model is falsifiable, since if it exists it will be seen by the LHC. If itisn't seen by the LHC it is falsified.

However, some models of the Higgs boson make the Higgs invisible to the LHC. So this is not falsifiable by the LHC, but it is still falsifiable in other ways (at other yet-to-be-built colliders).

Similarly, low energy supersymmetry (e.g. the MSSM with a SUSY scale of 1 TeV) would be seen at the LHC, so is falsifiable. But high energy supersymmetry (which only manifests at energies applicable to String Theory) is not right now (though may be falsifiable hundreds of years in the future).

• 1 month later...

If Higgs bozon really exist, how do we know about their existence in the LHC experiment?

Experiment Result ----------> Higgs bozon existence

Do we know the difference between other new particle detection and Higgs bozon detection?

Any good material to describe that procedure?

Materials which describe whole concept clearly and concisely from experment result to Higgs bozon existence.

I think that if something like Higgs boson will exist in LHC, protons and neutrons which 'participate' in this experiment can lose their mass (if they are near the Higgs boson) and 'take it' back (if they are receding away from it). But it's my suggestion and if someone can confirm or deny this, I will be grateful.

Do we know the difference between other new particle detection and Higgs bozon detection?

The short answer is yes.

Materials which describe whole concept clearly and concisely from experment result to Higgs bozon existence.

This is going to depend on your prior knowledge. I don't know if Severian can suggest good references, he works in particle theory and I think should be able to help.

The thing that Higgs bozon is existence or not is an important problem.

But more important thing is' if it existed, we could have an ability to detect it .'

More energy loss existed, but any particle trajectory did not find, so any unknown particle existence.

Detection theory would also be important.

Present detection theory is perfect to detect it?

If Higgs bozon really exist, how do we know about their existence in the LHC experiment?

Experiment Result ----------> Higgs bozon existence

We would see a resonance in a decay channel. This tells us that there is definitely a particle there, of a particular mass, that couples to the same particle we expect the Higgs to couple to. But of course that doesn't mean that it is the Higgs. To really prove that, we will have to measure its spin (we have never seen a fundamental particle with no spin before) and all its couplings. Crucially, the Higgs self coupling will allow us to experimentally map the shape of the Higgs potential (the Mexican hat), but that is really way beyond the LHC's capabilities.