any good science experiments...

Halash

any good science experiments... that deal with space???

This is to vague.

What do you think about the following :

Altered gravity plays an unexpected role in obesity and weight loss.

http://www.nasa.gov/vision/earth/everydaylife/27aug_fatrat.html

My idea is to try a research about the alimentation of the astronauts. The article I gave you may help you.

Or you can try on the main site of NASA in laboratory to find another one, more expensive.

Since you can't get to space, and you can't create it's lowered gravity on earth, how can you control your experiment?

With the building of the rocket, you could experiment with different fuels, design, or material, but I have a feeling lots of folks have done that already.

When is the experiment due? If you have a long time, you might be able to do something with plants, or some easily acquired animal - fish or earthworms.

What about something to do with the environment and how various pollutants affect animals? Compare a soil sample from an auto junk yard with one from a park maybe.

Perhaps making some sort of miniture self sustaining bio-dome to demostrate the feasability of independent moon/mars colonies. Its a pretty hot topic at the moment and one that can be explored on many levels, I'm sure which ever one you attempt it on the assesser(if there isn't one thats you) will be impressed.

Stuff to think about;

-Stable, regenerative atmosphere

-Food production and water recycling

-Functional living/research quarters

-Realistic construction materials

-Expansionist capability

-Power production

You can go on an on. A very interesting space project you can conduct at home. You can even set up a vacuum in a chamber to place the model in if you really want to impress.

Perhaps making some sort of miniture self sustaining bio-dome to demostrate the feasability of independent moon/mars colonies. Its a pretty hot topic at the moment and one that can be explored on many levels' date=' I'm sure which ever one you attempt it on the assesser(if there isn't one thats you) will be impressed.

Stuff to think about;

-Stable, regenerative atmosphere

-Food production and water recycling

-Functional living/research quarters

-Realistic construction materials

-Expansionist capability

-Power production

You can go on an on. A very interesting space project you can conduct at home. You can even set up a vacuum in a chamber to place the model in if you really want to impress.[/quote']

thas an excellent idea... when i tell my teach... she will be like... :eek:

lol.... i will do it in glass cases... but i need a vacuum....

i will make these things then release bacteria into them... and see which on the bacteria survives in! :D:D:D

If your conducting this experiment at high school chances are your physics departmetn will probably have a bell jar and vacuum pump. There is always the issue of how long you want to run it for though unfortunately. However I think if you even get half of this completed you'll be staring down the barrel of a pretty kick ass grade either way.