Hello! i'm Ian

Halash

happy birthday for a month and a few days, cant remember how many now!! (just looked at your profile!)

thanks for the compliment, there's a whole computer section as well... plus all the science, with a bit of chat, politics, debates and news (and polls) etc etc, i came here and have never joined any other forums since.

[well thats not true, i've looked at a halo one, but didnt join, and joined a computer one to ask about a program they give you for free, but other than that im all SFN]

maybe dave could calculate the probability of the next random person and whether of not they are 14!

oh yeah, and there's this person in my family, really distant, met him last week who can do a wicked mupets impression... he's a children's entertainer, but is funny for adults too!

um, im not trying to be rude, but that means nothing.... my maths teacher said that last year, the final exam paper for mathematics GCSE, which im taking in a few months an A* was about 50-60% -- it was that hard, so whilsts 45% doesnt sound too good, people should know that looks [in this sense] can be very misleading.

Erm, it does mean something in this case.

When you go to uni, you'll find that the classes of degree are (more or less) fixed. At Warwick (and most other places), 70% is a 1st, 60% is a 2.1, 50% is a 2.2 and 40% is a 3rd. I just suck at statistics because I find it horribly boring.

GCSE statistics is also nothing like University statistics. It's defined a lot more rigorously.