10 years after the gadolinium refrigerator...

Externet

I am not an expert, but this is the only site dated after 2002 that has something to say about the gadolinium refrigerator (under "Other Uses of Gadolinium: Magnetic Refrigerators"): Gadolinium

It is also important that underneath that it addresses a very important controversy that Gadolinium can cause extreme health risks in rare incidences.

I hope this helps, as at one point in time, I too thought that the Gadolinium refrigerator was something promising.

Edited by Neco Vir

People don't generally dissolve the working parts of their refrigerators then inject the solution. It's an interesting point though.

Haha, good one. I hope it didn't seem like I was implying that the fridge was dangerous...just good to know possible risks of the element we're talking about here.

Anyways from this article (whenever it was produced...seriously why do so many article sites not have dates on their articles?!) says that they use a mixture of elements instead of gadolinium:

Towards the Magnetic Fridge