An Innie or an Outie?

rigney

What is our "Universe", in relation to the "Continuum"? Is there a Continuum? If so, what Is the connection, or is it only the universe and what we theorize?

I've only heard of a "Continuum" in science fiction.

However, it is an open question as to whether the universe curves outward (like a saddle) or inward (like a sphere), or is flat (like the Euclidian geometry you learned in school). This would be in relation to itself.

jimmydasaint (Atom) June 3rd, 2010, 5:39 PM #6

I don't understand the original question. Can you please rephrase it for me and why I am an 'Innie' or 'Outie?' And if people have outie bellybuttons, do you collect as much fluff as my innie?

______

rigney

Are we somewhere inside this universe or is there only an outside to it, flat, curved, or what ever?

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
I've only heard of a "Continuum" in science fiction.

However, it is an open question as to whether the universe curves outward (like a saddle) or inward (like a sphere), or is flat (like the Euclidian geometry you learned in school). This would be in relation to itself.

Science Fiction! Isn't that what it's all about? Other than theory, there is no way of proving any "model" of our universe. Could it be that we are suspended in, and expanding out; into an absolute and eternal "NON,REAL-ESTATE"?

Edited by rigney
Consecutive posts merged.