Big Balls!!

rigney

What if Galaxies and Quasars were huge orbs of matter long before becoming their present configurations as galaxies and super-galaxies? When particles, (sub-particles) began coalescing into atoms, there must have been reasoning for becoming something other than just gasses? As a guess, I believe magnetism was responsible?

You are partially correct, it wasn't that there were big orbs of matter sitting around. After the big bang, equal parts matter and antimatter formed, however a certian antimatter particle, i can't recall which, had a slight tendency to stay in its matter phase. hence why our galaxies are comprised of matter. But anyways. matter formed basically clouds of particles where every now and then a particle would come into contact with another particle thus making the gravity around the pair slightly stronger than the gravity around them, thus attracting more particles. the electromagnetic force does play a part because it helps hold the particles together, and it works in turn in forming atoms then larger atoms.

Thanks for the reply Zolar V. And while I cant refute, dispute, or even argue your assessment, I believe accretion thru magnetism was responsible for matter forming into these giant balls. I'll probably get the rath of Zoar down on me for this next statement, but I honestly believe gravity is only an offshoot of magnetism. I'd say thanks, "which I do", but you'll still think I'm lying!!

Why did I think of AC/DC when I read the title to this question? Negative and positive charges probably had more to do with vast clouds coming together than magnetism, larger atoms formed from stars not particles in clouds coming together, good luck with selling the idea of magnetism and gravity being the same thing.

Some balls are held for charity

And some for fancy dress

But when they're held for pleasure

They're the balls that I like best

"Fantastic Moontan". My main aim is to look for answers just like the one you presented. Other then Physicist who brobe the absolute depths of our universe, the rest of us leave it to conjecture??

I can't imagine huge balls of matter floating along in a universe running at hyper-speed no more than clouds doing the same thing. I'm just saying something must have caused them to coalesce into huge masses that could have been the forerunners of galaxies. Heck, we're maybe talking about billions of light years to get it done?

Edited by rigney