Chat with hot singularities in your area

Feel free to slap some sense into the noob since I don't know what I'm talking about.

Is it possible that a singularity isn't a singularity at all, but rather the breaking point of the fabric of Space? Since black holes are, as I understand them, considered to be infinitely dense, and heat is a byproduct of compression, could a black hole, being the most dense object known to man also be the hottest object known to man? Maybe it is this kind of heat confined to such a small spot that could "burn a hole" and create a sort of drain in the fabric of space.

Dave

"...heat is a byproduct of compression, could a black hole, being the most dense object known to man also be the hottest object known to man? Maybe it is this kind of heat confined to such a small spot."

Dave

Interesting idea, but if there is no motion of atoms how can there be heat? So the singularity in a black hole may not have any heat.

Fusion occurs at high pressures and high heat. (?)

Is there a temperature and pressure where the atomic structure breaks down?

Like what followed the "big bang"? The universe was so hot that matter could not exist, would it be conceivable that this is what happens on the 'inside' of a black hole?

Fusion occurs at high pressures and high heat. (?)

Is there a temperature and pressure where the atomic structure breaks down?

Like what followed the "big bang"? The universe was so hot that matter could not exist, would it be conceivable that this is what happens on the 'inside' of a black hole?

The atoms, with all its particles, brakes down already at the stage when the black hole is formed, and that is in fact the whole reason why it is formed. Different kind of pressures are trying to prevent the endless gravitational pull. First the electron- neutron- and the proton-pressure. Then the quark pressure, and finally the preon pressure (if preons exist). After that there is no force known to man that can hold back gravity on such a large scale.

So, Yes, I believe that close to the singularities (beyond the event horizon) matter acts as right after the "Big Bang" when it could not form, and was just a big sea of energy. Inside the singularity itself... I guess we have no clue.