Halo2 vs Doom3

Encrypted

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you guys know what I'm gonna say if you have seen my Doom3 thread. Doom3 has awesome graphics, it just takes a good machine to run them well. Doom3' storyline is a little weak by times but hey it's an awesome in your face unending suspense thriller! Have you ever played it Encrypted?

altough i havent played doom3 or halo2. i would have to say that doom3 graphics is much better from all the reviiews i read. Almost finihsed Halo when i had to stop playing and it is one of the best FPS i ever played. engaging storyline. amazing gameplay. good graphics.

The commercial release is not finished yet, that's why.

The version you can download will be crappy. The bit-jockey children who think they're downloading games when in reality they are getting a beta that the publishers didn't bother to protect are just funny.

Basically, Freeman arrives back on Earth to find it ravaged with an alien infestation, and depleted of resources and survivors. I think there's also possibly a love interest, which is interesting for a [acr=First Person Shooter]FPS[/acr].

The physics engine and graphics are absolutely amazing, as is the AI.

I just looked at some screenshots and the graphics don't look an better than Doom3. Just the people graphics is better as far as I'm concerned. The surroundsing look pretty good from what I can see so far but unless there's some nighttime playing then it doesn't look very in your face so to speak. Lookd like a great game though. I'm only gonna say one more thing about Doom3. The thing that separates Doom3 from all the other games is not it's graphics or it's 'storyline' or AI or stuff like that, Doom3's surroundings throughout the entire game keep you on the edge of your seat the whole time. It keeps you excited and wanting to play more. There are NO boring parts whatsoever in the game. The surroundings make for a disturbingly real sense of environment as well.

Yeah, that's the only reason I'd buy Doom 3 - for the atmosphere.

The screen shots from HL2 don't do it justice - there are some short videos demonstrating the gfx out there somewhere, try and get those!

The characters look good because their expressions are driven by 40 "muscles".

Guest michael
Let's see.....

1)Halo 2 has better graphics

2)Halo 2 has better gameplay

3)Halo 2 has better storylines

4)In short: HALO 2 RULES!!!

Encrypted

How can you say all those things when the game isn't out yet?

No i havent done that...

Have u seen the demos and other movies for Halo 2 yet?

If you havent, see them and then tell me what you think.

Plus, i think it has a better storyline 'cause no one has been able to predict with any degree of certainity what will happen in the game while for HL2 and Doom3 people already know what the main stuff is.

So....

Encrypted