Using quantum entanglement for superluminal computation

bascule

So, I did get from another thread that it's not possible to use quantum entanglement for superluminal communication. However, here's a layman-oriented article describing a technique for using entanglement for superluminal computation, which they claim they can carry out so long as no time travel paradoxes are caused:

http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/arxiv/24903/

Here's their paper:

http://arxiv.org/abs/1003.1238

Neat stuff!

The article mentions entanglement only in passing, as a phenomenon that is superluminal. Which is misleading, but they never claim the computation scheme uses it.

Ok smarty pants, whatever you say... I cannot process a word fo this stuff!, but I will decode it for you no problem...

Quantumn entanglement is caused by cross talk between the waves. If there was a bit of cross talk you could use fibre optics insulated in a grains of sand insulator, like about three centimetres thick.

But yuo want to use it for communication? Thatis a good notion I must say! If you were to prepare the communication by making it all 'coherent' you could have a lot of corssed lines and see it work. This would need you to make each wave, electronically, communicate with each other on the same format. If you were to write a format that includes all things into it it would work, but, that would take time and money, so...

If you were to use quantaumn entanglement to regulate the communication, I suggest you take the 'cross communication' and bring it closer together and then it will be compressed and fully interwoven so it will wokr better, eventually entangling like a rope made out of coiling it together.

I hope that helps you, and please tell me if I am on the wrong track...

No, not really. It's word salad. I can say without hesitation that you have not increased my understanding at all. If you can't process the information in the article, perhaps you should consider not weighing in on it.

No, not really. It's word salad. I can say without hesitation that you have not increased my understanding at all. If you can't process the information in the article, perhaps you should consider not weighing in on it.

Ok, fancy that! Please explain. Maybe you coudl be of some use after all?

Ok smarty pants, whatever you say... I cannot process a word fo this stuff!, but I will decode it for you no problem...

Quantumn entanglement is caused by cross talk between the waves. If there was a bit of cross talk you could use fibre optics insulated in a grains of sand insulator, like about three centimetres thick.

But yuo want to use it for communication? Thatis a good notion I must say! If you were to prepare the communication by making it all 'coherent' you could have a lot of corssed lines and see it work. This would need you to make each wave, electronically, communicate with each other on the same format. If you were to write a format that includes all things into it it would work, but, that would take time and money, so...

If you were to use quantaumn entanglement to regulate the communication, I suggest you take the 'cross communication' and bring it closer together and then it will be compressed and fully interwoven so it will wokr better, eventually entangling like a rope made out of coiling it together.

I'm no expert but if 2 particles are entangled, then altering the state of one (in an attempt to encode information) would cause it to become disentangled from the other. In other words, the encoded information would not reach the other particle. This makes FTL communication impossible.

Ok, fancy that! Please explain. Maybe you coudl be of some use after all?

Explain what, exactly? If you want to know about quantum entanglement, and especially how the concept is misused and misinterpreted, use the search function. It has been discussed a number of times.