Xbox: something to kill over?

ydoaPs

Would you kill someone for stealing your Xbox?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you kill someone for stealing your Xbox?

• Yes
    • NO
    • Doesn't matter; I don't have one

i havent read the article. so i will say nothing except that xbox is overhyped. it may have the lead in processing power against PS2 but it still doesnt have the userbase and the wide spread of games available as there is for PS2. i personally dont own any game consoles. prefer my computer for FPS as i find the keyboard mouse combo much more preferable than a gamepad. was playing halo on my mates xbox and was completely useless at it.

I don't think it's about the Xbox so much as it is about the perceived disrespect. If you think someone has stolen your things, you're going to feel disrespected. Not that this in anyway justifies this pointlessly and stupidly tragic event, but I think that's the real psychological angle here, and not simply because the dude loves his Xbox.

I think the point being made is that people in these situations are not killing merely because of the xbox. There are many strains from work (or lack of) and other social problems all culminating in this violation of trust/privacy/whatever and that can ofter push people over the edge. The fact that an xbox was involved had more to do with media involvment than anything else.