Planets Orbit Not Because Of Gravity Energy But Because Of Griff Energy Closed Thread

gafferuk

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This has already been covered several times, i will not repeat it yet again.

As all you can tel me is it is oposing forces that creates an orbit. i fail to see where you have explained yourself many times.

Gravity is a pulling force, it pulls you back, so things effected by gravity must one day slow down, guaranteed! even if it takes 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years.

please explain this:

how can something at a certain speed stop the object from ever slowing down because of gravity?

I would thought that eventually the planets would spiral to the sun guaranteed! and would not take that long.

What is the speed of the planet moving divided by the fall of the planet from the suns gravity?

Thats a good start. is this greater or lesser than 1?. Planets move quite quick, but the gravity it receives is very little.

I can not understand how something with a constant force being applied to it like gravity will NEVER slow down and spiral to the sun.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
gafferuk, if gravity always slows you down then how come you speed up when falling?

get a brain. your trolling is becoming staler than month old bread.

get a brain? did it not make you think i was on about an object moving away from a planet and gravity pulling it back to the planet?

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Gravity is a pulling force, it pulls you back, so things effected by gravity must one day slow down, guaranteed! even if it takes 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years.

A planet going around the sun has energy but no force as it has no little jet packs. Gravity is a force constantly being applied to the planet.

So it should slow down quite quickly.

But as the planets have been going round for billions of years, i doubt it is gravity doing it's thing but griff energy.

Edited by gafferuk
Consecutive posts merged.

Something that needs mentioning in this post is how important direction is.

Just imagine two axis, x and y, at 90degrees to each other. Object A is moving in the y direction, a force is applied in the x direction, this force has NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER in the y direction, after the force is stopped the object is moving at exactly the same speed in the y direction but is now also moving in the y direction... Directions that forces apply is important.

Something that needs mentioning in this post is how important direction is.

Just imagine two axis, x and y, at 90degrees to each other. Object A is moving in the y direction, a force is applied in the x direction, this force has NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER in the y direction, after the force is stopped the object is moving at exactly the same speed in the y direction but is now also moving in the y direction... Directions that forces apply is important.

That I understand, so as gravity is a constant force, the planets should slow down.

i have to repeat myself from the last page:

please explain this:

how can something at a certain speed stop the object from ever slowing down because of gravity?

I would thought that eventually the planets would spiral to the sun guaranteed! and would not take that long.

What is the speed of the planet moving divided by the fall of the planet from the suns gravity?

Thats a good start. is this greater or lesser than 1?. Planets move quite quick, but the gravity it receives is very little.

I can not understand how something with a constant force being applied to it like gravity will NEVER slow down and spiral to the sun.

A planet going around the sun has energy but no force as it has no little jet packs. Gravity is a force constantly being applied to the planet.

So it should slow down quite quickly.

But as the planets have been going round for billions of years, i doubt it is gravity doing it's thing but griff energy.

Centrifugal force gaff, centrifugal force, not griff energy. nothing more need be said.

It does, I jump. i fall because of gravity, but because of Centrifugal force, planets won't ever slow down?

i just don't understand how this works.

In fact I would thought that planets would be slowing down because of gravity the instance they were created.

I still believe it is not gravity.

Edited by gafferuk

Good, so gravity pulls towards the sun, and in what direction are the planets moving?

by newtons law "sort of away from the sun and the 2 oposing forces produce the planet to orbit."

but as the planet has energy and no force(no little jet packs) then the force from gravity would cause it to slow down (which is not part of newtons law).

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
I am curious gaff, how long ago do you think this instance of creation was?

thats irrelevant, the point is gravity should cause them to slow down.

The planets are moving sideways to the force of gravity, so gravity cannot change their sideways speed so it can't slow them down.

That makes no sense.

Whatever angle its travelling in, its effected by the suns gravity, so it gets pulled back. in other words, slows down.

Sorry, but the more I listen to everyone the more I disbelive in newtons theory of gravity, apart from the factt of gravity here on earth and only going out so many miles.

That makes no sense.

Whatever angle its travelling in, its effected by the suns gravity, so it gets pulled back. hense slows down.

If you go through the maths that is how it works, the planets are continually moving sideways to the direction of gravity so the gravity never has a component in the same direction as the velocity so the planets don't slow down, whether you think it makes sense or not that is what happens.

If you go through the maths that is how it works, the planets are continually moving sideways to the direction of gravity so the gravity never has a component in the same direction as the velocity so the planets don't slow down, whether you think it makes sense or not that is what happens.

Telling me to look at the maths is irrelevant as its man made and could contain mistakes.

Gravity is a force, so everything effected by it must slow down whatever angle of travel.

If I fire a firework into the air at an angle it returns to the earth because of gravity.

If I fire the same rocket, do you honistly believe that the angle matters wether it returns to the earth? your saying that speed changes things and then things don't slow down ever.

yes it could contain mistakes but you can't argue its proved pretty successful so far.

its been applied to every satellite, probe, space ship, space station we've ever sent up.

its allowed use to discover hundreds of planets, predict the motion of stars and galaxies and so on.

if it has mistakes they are negligble in this application.

Gravity is a force, so everything effected by it must slow down whatever angle of travel.

If I fire a firework into the air at an angle it returns to the earth because of gravity.

If I fire the same rocket, do you honistly believe that the angle matters wether it returns to the earth? your saying that speed changes things and then things don't slow down ever.

Actually gravity is not a force, what is the source of griff energy?

Actually gravity is not a force, what is the source of griff energy?

im not sure where griff energy comes from, it's a bit clockwork like.

Gravity is a force, is is a generator.

movement is an energy, it has no little jetpacks so has no force, but a snookerball will release its energy when it hits another ball causing it to move.

to be correct, griff is a force and not an energy.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

WOW griff sounds a bit like centrifugal force. Gravity is the bending of space time by mass.

Please don't mix einstein with newton, im told einstein math is less acurate.

Mass is irrelevant, all things fall at the same speed.

There is time, there is space, i double the two are really connected like all of einsteins theorys. Heys right out there.

Moontanman, you are not helping here.

The moon stays in orbit due to it's centrifugal force exactly balancing the gravity of the earth, it's speed allows it to stay in orbit.

The orbital motions of the planets negate the pull of gravity, the sun will not exist long enough for the orbits of the planets to deteriorate significantly due to friction with gas and dust in space.

Centrifugal force gaff, centrifugal force, not griff energy. nothing more need be said.

In the second quoted post you are clearly talking about the planets moving. There is *no* centrifugal force from the perspective of an inertial reference frame.

The gravitational force is not cancelled. Think of it this way. If the force truly was cancelled, the net force on a planet would be zero. Think of what Newton's first law has to say about that situation. A planet follows a curved path. From the perspective of Newtonian mechanics, a force is need to make this happen.

This force is gravity, of course, not the goofy "griff energy".