Planets Orbit Not Because Of Gravity Energy But Because Of Griff Energy Closed Thread

gafferuk

Planets Orbit Not Because Of Gravity Energy But Because Of Griff Energy...

Why does the moon not fly off?

Why do astronauts float in space?

Objects fall to earth at the same speed?, All of this does not make sense.

If astronauts "float" in space, then there is no gravity in space. So whats the moon doing? I thought there is no gravity in space? Very confusing

It may be that each planet or moon is held in a gravity ring and between these rings is no gravity. I doubt this is true.

Or is there such a thing I would like to call "Griff" in our universe that keeps things draging along such as the moon orbiting the earth while the earth orbits the sun. (Griff Energy Theory, Paul Garry Griffiths, England, United Kingdom, 20 February 2010,)

If i jump on earth i lose force and return to the earth because of gravity, out in space i would float off, so there no gravity in space.

Edited by gafferuk

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

here is gravity in space. astronauts float because they are accelerating at the same rate as the vessel they are in.

you have an improper understanding of how gravity works, nothing new is required.

If i jump on earth i lose force and return to the earth because of gravity, out in space i would float off, so there is no gravity in space.

If i jump on earth i lose force and return to the earth because of gravity, out in space i would float off, so there is no gravity in space.

Not quite correct. If you are orbiting around the earth, and you jump, you would float off - but if you are just sitting there, you will be accelerated towards the Earth.

What you have said is actually the basis behind general relativity, but that is probably far beyond where we are in this thread.

=Uncool-

you will be accelerated towards the Earth.

So how did the space station stay in orbit?

If you are orbiting around the earth, and you jump, you would float off

Is that float off forever or would i sometime start to return?

Edited by swansont
fix quote tags

you don't lose force when you jump. the force is what brings you back down. if you lost force when you jump on earth then you WOULD float away. but you don't lose any force so you come back down.

gravity is still acting on those in space, they are falling towards the earth but due to their lateral velocity they are falling at the same rate the earth is curving away from them. look up what an orbit is.

i mean when i jump i use force, then gravit pulls agains that force, i slow down then get pulled to the earth.

Is this the same in space, if i jumped i would start to get pulled back to the earth? or do you float off forever

if you float off forever, then there is no gravity. So it must be Griff Energy effecting everything.

If im correct, space shuttles turn off there engines when they reach a nice speed to save on fuel for return, do they slow down because of gravity from the sun? ive never heard of that.

Sorry but newtons theory of gravity( i know nothing of the maths) makes no sense in space to me, i guess it's because he did not have a rocket.

Edited by gafferuk

i mean when i jump i use force, then gravit pulls agains that force, i slow down then get pulled to the earth.

when you leave the ground you are no longer providing a force that acts against the force of gravity. the force of gravity is what brings you back down.

Is this the same in space, if i jumped i would start to get pulled back to the earth? or do you float off forever

jumped off what? and where about in space(it's a big place). lets assume you are standing on a really tall pole, say 200km tall. if you stepped off of this you would fall back down to earth.

if you are orbiting the earth, say in the space station and you jumped off that, you would leave the station behind because its gravity is not strong enough to pull you back, but you would still be orbiting the earth as its gravity is strong enough to hold onto you.

if you float off forever, then there is no gravity. So it must be Griff Energy effecting everything.

false dichotomy.

If im correct, space shuttles turn off there engines when they reach a nice speed to save on fuel for return, do they slow down because of gravity from the sun? ive never heard of that.

they turn off the main engines because they have ran out of fuel for them. once they are off they cannot be turned back on again. not only that but they don't need them as there is no friction.

i don't know why you think gravity from the sun would slow them down.

the shuttles have much smaller engines for deorbiting, all they need to do is slow down a little bit and the centripetal force of gravity will take it closer to earth and the atmosphere does the majority of the slowing down.

depends on what direction you are travelling in. if you are going towards the sun then it will speed you up, if you are going away, only then will it slow you down.

however. as we are well within the earths hill sphere, the force of gravity from the sun can be considered negligble

So whats being said against me is "Float in space" does not really exist. At any distance there is a force puling you towards the sun and towards the sun you will eventually go.

Is that correct?

So eventually, all the planets will lose there force and get pulled towards the sun, doomsday!

Are you starting to understand that newtons theory of gravity does not work in space? else the planets would need a consistant force applied to stop the suns gravity from pulling them to the sun. Where is this consistant force coming from? they have no little boosters.

Edited by gafferuk

no that isn't correct.

you appear to float in space by the same way you appear to float in the vomit comet(a plane used to train astronauts)

all that happens is that you are falling at the same rate as whatever object you are in because you are being pulled on by the same gravitational field.

you will not fall into the sun, but you will orbit it as long as you have sufficient lateral velocity.

no that isn't correct.

you appear to float in space by the same way you appear to float in the vomit comet(a plane used to train astronauts)

all that happens is that you are falling at the same rate as whatever object you are in because you are being pulled on by the same gravitational field.

you will not fall into the sun, but you will orbit it as long as you have sufficient lateral velocity.

So your saying that gravity is different here on earth than it is in space?

On earth, i jump, i go up, graviity pulls, i start to go down.

Out in space, the planets are being pulled by gravity, but for some reason they wont ever hit the sun?

A bit odd. :eek:

no, gravity behaves exactly the same in space as it does on earth.

the planets won't ever hit the sun because they are not stationary relative to the sun.

they are going pretty fast, this means that even though they are accelerating towards the sun, they will not get closer.

if you tie a rock to the end of a string and whirl it about, the rock is accelerating towards your hand but it will not hit your hand. same thing with orbits.

no, gravity behaves exactly the same in space as it does on earth.

the planets won't ever hit the sun because they are not stationary relative to the sun.

they are going pretty fast, this means that even though they are accelerating towards the sun, they will not get closer.

if you tie a rock to the end of a string and whirl it about, the rock is accelerating towards your hand but it will not hit your hand. same thing with orbits.

Yes but when I jump im using force, why do i lose my force and not the planets?

They say energy is never losed but im losing force after jumping because of gravity.

Newtons Law does not work in space, only a little distance from a planets surface. so im preposing Griff Energy.

Edited by gafferuk

Yes but when I jump im using force, why do i lose my force and not the planets

lose what force? the force you used to jump? well thats because you are no longer in contact with the ground.

They say energy is never losed but im losing force after jumping because of gravity.

energy and force are not the same thing.

Newtons Law does not work in space, only a little distance from a planets surface. so im preposing Griff Energy.

newtons laws work fine in space.

you still haven't said what 'griff energy' is. nor how it behaves. nor any experiment that would deterimine if it is really there.

lose what force? the force you used to jump? well thats because you are no longer in contact with the ground.

when i jump im using force. when im in the air, im still moving, that is a force.

why do i slow down and why do the planets not slow down?

you still haven't said what 'griff energy' is. nor how it behaves. nor any experiment that would deterimine if it is really there.

Give me a chance mate.

Griff Energy is the force that drags the orbiting moon along with the planet while they orbits the sun.

It's a drag energy!

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

You still have not answered my question:

when i jump im using force. when im in the air, im still moving.

why do i slow down and why do the planets not slow down?

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
movement is not a force.

If a moving snooker ball hits another, it releases its energy force to the other ball. Movement IS ENERGY!

If I'd call the force causing planets to orbit the sun "toaster" you'd still score more crackpot points than me (for naming something after yourself). Did it ever occur to you that most physicists are happy with planets orbiting the sun despite the lack of "Griff Energy" in standard physics? Do you think it could be possible that one or two of the professionals are not complete idiots?

If I'd call the force causing planets to orbit the sun "toaster" you'd still score more crackpot points than me (for naming something after yourself). Did it ever occur to you that most physicists are happy with planets orbiting the sun despite the lack of "Griff Energy" in standard physics? Do you think it could be possible that one or two of the professionals are not complete idiots?

Apart from calling me a idiot, what are you trying to say? that newtons law IS FACT?

You jump. Which is you applying a force opposing gravity once in the air you have energy but no longer the opposing force so the only force acting on you is gravity which decelerates you then accelerates you back to earth. Force and energy are in no way the same thing.

In orbit you are constantly accelerating, falling towards earth, it's just that because the earth is curved you are constantly missing hitting the earth because you are going so fast side ways (tangentially to the earth).

but no longer the opposing force

why do i lose this force and not the planets?

remember movement is a force. a snooker ball hiting another releases its energy to the other ball. proof movement is a force!.

So i ask again, why do i lose this force and not the planets?

why do the days not get longer? as the planets slow down because of the suns gravity applied to it just as in i jump?

Your basicly saying that gravity is different than it is in space. That can't be true unless gravity does not reach out in to outer space.

Gravity works the same on Earth and in space. When you jump in the air, you are constantly accelerated towards the Earth. You have an initial upwards velocity, and you are accelerated downwards such that your upwards velocity decreases until you stop and begin accelerating downwards.

In an orbit, you have an initial velocity that is sideways to the direction of your acceleration. So as you move, your position relative to the gravity source changes, and so does the direction of force. The result is that you continually circle the source without ever hitting it.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

So i ask again, why do i lose this force and not the planets?

This question doesn't make any sense, because "force" doesn't mean what you seem to think it does. A force is something which causes an acceleration over time.

As for why you fall back to the ground, but the planets never hit the sun, that question has been answered several times.

A good introduction to what an orbit is, and how it is the same as gravity on Earth, is the example of "Newton's cannon."

http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/newannon.htm

Edited by Sisyphus
Consecutive posts merged.

What are you trying to say? that newtons law IS FACT?

I think what I said was pretty obvious but I can rephrase it of course:

Hundreds of millions of people know about basic gravitational laws and that planets orbit the sun. Tens of millions are able to calculate things like orbit frequencies for a circular orbit (note that this includes the existence of a spherical orbit due to gravity only in the first place). Some of them do physics professionally. None of those people sees the need for an additional mechanism. So perhaps you are just wrong and there simply is no need and also no such mechanism.

And I definitely think you should think about that for more than four minutes. Particularly if you feel you didn't understand what I said.