UK Govement Lies to Voters for years regarding immigration policy

DrP

I posted about this a few months ago and it was rubbished because the article was printed in the Daily Mail - since then it has appeared in pretty much every newspaper.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/7198329/Labours-secret-plan-to-lure-migrants.html

The Labour Govenment have been lying to the public regarding their immigration policy. They worked out that foregners that come to the UK vote labour - so they have had a completely open door policy to anyone wishing to come here, without regard for where they came from, who they were or what they had done in the past or where their allegences lie. Any attempt to discuss this has been shouted down as racist talk over the years to hide their agenda. I don't mind Britain becoming a multicultural society, but to have a policy where it is actively accellarated for the sake of the goverments own bennifit is wrong and risky.

I can't see more than 20% of the UK voters voting Labour again this year - they're OUT!

Most unfortunate! However, I don't think the BNP have any chance of being heard as they ARE a racist party. Problem is, the governments stance on immigration has put everyone who speaks out against it into the same boat as the BNP. I think the Conservatives will get back in this time arround.

I think they could be guilty of Treason even!

You seem upset.

I thought it was normal that politicians lie about the things they do?

Make promises, pretend interest and involvement, and then do whatever you want until 3 months before the next elections... that's democracy, isn't it?

Even in a free democratic country like the Netherlands, I have completely lost my faith and trust in our system. The government constantly breaks promises and spreads lies. It's just that, in line with what Churchill once said, the current situation is still better than any other I can imagine.

Not upset as such - I've known about this for many years - A bit pissed off that no-one else believed me when I flagged up concerns 10 years ago or so and was branded a racist. I abhor racist views and probably got a bit bitter about being branded with the same rod when talking to lefties.

I have family in the police force. I know they have had institutionalised racism over the years, but you have to listen to majority of them that are saying thet nearly all of their time (in London) is being spent dealing with petty (and major) crimes from large numbers of immigrants that have walked in unchecked with no restrictions (due to the government just allowing them to come without question, passport, CR checks or anything). If they even mention it then there jobs (or chances for promotion) are at risk because they get branded with the same bunch of idiots that just seem to hate anyone who isn't the same colour as them.

I don't understand how they believe that it is good for the country to just open the boarders without checking who they are letting in. My wife went to the USA for a family wedding the other year and took a hat in a box. Took her ages to get through the airport because she was a chemist with a box.:D I came back to the UK from a coach trip to Amsterdam and they just waved the coach through without even checking who the 30 people on board were or what we were carrying (ahem! probably a good job due to what I bought back with me!). Anyway - my rant is over - thanks for listening! Peace and love to all.

Just another thing that Labour have done to irreversibly damage this country :/
That comment is valid if, and only if, the net effect of the immigrants upon the economy, welfare and culture of the country is negative. That has not been demonstrated.

The thrust of this thread that is marginally more convincing is the alleged lie told by the labour government. However, even there I see no proof that the motivation was as described. Moreover, I am automatically skeptical about ascribing single motives to complex political actions. Such simplification is rarely accurate or meaningful.

I would think that the damage would be from the lying itself, not from the result of the policy. You don't lie about immigration in a democracy. That's a whole order of political magnitude beyond a "third rail", at least on the domestic scale.

(International politics are a whole other level, of course, with such classic hits as Never Chain Berlin, the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere, the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact, and of course the all-time classic, Iraqi WMDs.)

That comment is valid if, and only if, the net effect of the immigrants upon the economy, welfare and culture of the country is negative. That has not been demonstrated.

Probably because the effects of such a mass-immigration policy are seen very much in the long-term scale. let alone after a policy of mass-immigration. Let me elaborate on that point.

In my mind at least, such a massive influx of people into the country is by not means a bad thing. However, unless they have both have a skill-set which is required in the country, and a willingness to integrate into the existing culture of the country, then this inevitably leads to an overpopulated, undereducated country which in 30 or so years is going to be under intense pressure to provide social support for these people when they retire. Given the advances in medicine and rise of the average life expectancy after work, the UK was pretty poorly placed to deal with the average population ten years ago; now we have a much larger gap to contend with.

Alongside this is the damage created by allowing people into the country who do not intend to try and integrate themselves into the culture, and the resulting racial tensions incited from it. From my personal experience of living in a migrant-rich area for pretty much my entire life, allowing new migrants in has essentially encouraged compartmentalisation of communities with different ethnicities. So, the UK is really only multi-cultural in the sense that people of different cultures all occupy the same landmass; as far as I can tell, there is very little in terms of interaction between them. To see the effect this is causing, take a look at some organisations such as the BNP or Islam4UK.

The thrust of this thread that is marginally more convincing is the alleged lie told by the labour government. However, even there I see no proof that the motivation was as described. Moreover, I am automatically skeptical about ascribing single motives to complex political actions. Such simplification is rarely accurate or meaningful.

The current government has, to all intents and purposes, confirmed (albeit implicitly) they were in the wrong by allowing this immigration policy by subsequently implementing a Canada-esque points based system in the last year or so. There are two main questions I'd like answering:

• Why edit the public report and only release the unedited version (with a much higher emphasis on social engineering) upon a Freedom of Information request?
  • Why have such a policy in the first place? Canada's system has been around for a long time, and seems to be attracting good skilled labour to the country.

I would think that the damage would be from the lying itself, not from the result of the policy. You don't lie about immigration in a democracy. That's a whole order of political magnitude beyond a "third rail", at least on the domestic scale.

My own personal opinion on the 'damage' side of things is above. The truth is at this point we don't really know what will happen. My post is only speculation based on what I've read and what I think about it.

In terms of the political damage, I imagine nobody will really pay much attention to it, and/or it will be buried by the spin doctors. The Labour government seems to be pretty good at spinning their way out of stuff at the moment, Teflon Tony included. Hopefully that will come to an end come May :)

They worked out that foregners that come to the UK vote labour - so they have had a completely open door policy to anyone wishing to come here, without regard for where they came from, who they were or what they had done in the past or where their allegences lie. [/Quote]

With all due respect, the above sounds like "political spin" to me. It would make sense, people allowed to enter a country, would when permitted a vote, vote for the party affiliation that allowed their entry, but how could there be a guarantee. Life of any immigrant, is not always pleasant, for the first generation.

As for those that do enter, UK or anyplace else, it's my understanding it's usually a younger crowd, looking for work or in some manner wanting to improve their life. The system (legal, not necessarily political) alone encourages immigration for Muslims (inferred), which in reality could integrate into the society, more so than the non-religious folks. So long as the current traditional and cultural persona is willing to accept the one primary difference, the religion. As for being a hardship on the taxpayer, in older age, that's a presumption which may turn out to be the exact reverse. Muslim's, Hindu and most folks from poorer places, tend to care for themselves in old age, yet tend to work longer and harder that the current citizenry. Two bits, from a yank...

im going to put my 2 cents in on this one, however i want to mention that i only read part of the posts in here so this might be totally right field.

Ok, First i want to say that there doesnt seem to really be a need for there to be a multiple party system in any goverment. what i mean by this is that the government being a or b doesnt really play much of a role in governing a society to begin with. rather the people and the local municiplaities are the ones that govern the locals. the government is only instituted to provide a face for the people to an outside nation/society. Now you may wonder how exactly you would circumvent problems associated with a lack of government, such as national programs and policies.