Graph tool

Primarygun

Today, I read some function book.

And I drew a lot of graph, but due to the size and my hand-drawing, the output is very ugly.

I want to have a very good graph drawing software.

Can you suggest some to me which are free, simple?

i am building one... but it does not do the 3D functions pretty well....

if you are really intrested send me a private message' date=' to finish it.[/quote']

You are very great!

Does the software support function(x)?

I'd want to use a software to draw some graph consist of [MATH] f(x)=cosx[/MATH].

Anyway, thank you for telling me. :)

Are you referring to Graphmatica?

Well, the TI83+ is fairly portable, whereas Graphmatica requires some piece of hardware to run it. :P

As far as features go, they're pretty much the same afaik.

Today, I read some function book.

And I drew a lot of graph, but due to the size and my hand-drawing, the output is very ugly.

I want to have a very good graph drawing software.

I don't know about you , but when I did calculus I did a lot of curve tracing (drawing graphs) and that too for loads of weird functions, For eg, stuff with loops in the graphs and all sorts of weird logarithmic functions. I personally feel that it helps a lot in learning and definately in problem solving, plus you always have books to check simple graphs like [MATH]f(x)=\cos(x)[/MATH]

Macromedia Flash (actionscript)

Well it makes some functions but, i am doing it isometric, thats why i am taking a little bit longer... the real trick is that i am building a renderer more than a graphing tool.

When i get back to school (there in Morelos) i´ll upload it.... its a .swf no big deal.

andthat GNUplot is quite nice.

there is a winplot it is nice either.

Print Screen, or if you're using Graphmatica: Edit --> Copy Graphs BMP or Copy Graphs EMF.

Calculators don't need to change to DEG for the sin(x) & cos(x) functions. RADians or GRADians are fine.

Here are some, but they are pretty old:

1.Omnigraph: This is the one I am SURE that you could get. I am not sure whether you could plot 3d functions on this.

2.Derive, by Smile Software: this is the one my school uses. Again, you can't plot 3d functions on this! :(