ed84c

My view on the Aids vaccine test is;  

1 member has voted

1. 1. My view on the Aids vaccine test is;

• Yes!, Lives could be save even with a chance of losing others
    • No, No, Its not worth the risk
    • This fence doesnt feel to uncomfortable

Sorry for all the other attempts which didnt work but this is it;

There is currently a Vaccine for AIDs, like the smallpox one, that is a weakened form of the disease. Animal testing has proved inconclusive, so the only way to see if we could vaccinate against this disease is to test on humans. However currently they cannot because 'it is too dangerous', if proper payment and legal documentation was done;

Do you;

Well you don't have to give people the vaccine and then infect them with the virus. You can give a group of people a vaccine, and another group a placebo, and then see if the vaccine helped in reducing the numbers infected.

this is just a feeling (based on NO scientific evidence or proof) but I think a vaccine would be more likely than a "cure", don`t ask me why, as I said, it`s just a feeling. but I can picture a vaccine working somehow, and a cure being a long way away!

I vote the fence for now though (I`m a chicken really :))

[edit] test it on those doomed to die anyway, the death row inmates.

this is just a feeling (based on NO scientific evidence or proof) but I think a vaccine would be more likely than a "cure"' date=' don`t ask me why, as I said, it`s just a feeling. but I can picture a vaccine working somehow, and a cure being a long way away!

I vote the fence for now though (I`m a chicken really :))

[edit'] test it on those doomed to die anyway, the death row inmates.

Funny the first people that are vacinated against a killer disease are killed.

only way to see if we could vaccinate against this disease is to test on humans. However currently they cannot because 'it is too dangerous'' date=' if proper payment and legal documentation was done;

[/quote']

Before an experimental drug ever reaches the Human Clinical Trials phase, lots of questions have to be answered(via tests on other animals, etc). It has to pass through the ethics committee, so on and so forth.

Or would you rather that the Pharmaceutical companies rush experimental drugs into production?

By the way, you might want to check this doc out:

http://www.aidsinfo.nih.gov/other/sideeffectshiv/english/sideeffectshiv_en.pdf

{edit}

Oh I forgot to ask this question.

If these drugs are having an adverse affects on other animals, why would we(they) even go to the next step(humans) when it's jacking the lab animals???